Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 03:26 PM   #1
kilroy357
AF Newbie

2014 grand caravan oil light/change issue

changed oil on the 2014 grand caravan, replaced the filter. afterwards the oil light comes on at low rpm goes out when u accelerate, and the engine light is on. took it to autozone, it is sayin, that the oil sensor switch is stuck. just wondering if anyone can help me out with this to figure out if i did something wrong. ty for any help.
kilroy357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:13 PM   #2
RIP
AF -Advisor

Re: 2014 grand caravan oil light/change issue

The only thing I can come up with as far as "doing something wrong" is could you have put the wrong viscosity oil in it? That or the elephant in the room - did you put enough oil in it? Your symptoms sound like lack of oil or flow is creating low pressure. You may have to bite the bullet and take it to a dealership since you're under warranty. You don't want this to go on long. Tough call as to what to do if you want to keep it out of their hands. You don't want to void the warranty.

07 Fusion / 06 RAV4 / 06 Accord / 96 Gr Caravan
RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:15 PM   #3
kilroy357
AF Newbie

yea, i put enough oil in and put in what it called for, 5 - 20. i'm just lost on it as well. this is the first i ever encountered this issue lol. it is going to the dealership wednesday tho, ty for ur reply. will post what they find out when all said and done.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:30 AM   #4
Scotty89
AF Regular

Chrysler is currently having issues with oil pressure switches in several different engines in several different vehicles. The 3.6 and 3.2 is just two of them. I believe there are several others. The code that is setting is a P0520 code. If this is the code setting then the Oil pressure switch needs replaced and depending on the miles on the vehicle it may be under warranty. The switch in under the lower intake and kinda hard to see and little pain to replace. The tsb that covers this is 18-034-14 REV. A.
2013- 2014 Dart, Charger, 300, Challenger, 200, Avenger, Town & Country, Grand Caravan, Grand Cherokee, Cherokee, Durango, Ram trucks 1500-5500, Journey,Wrangler. Along with the Promaster and Viper. The engines covered under this issue is the 2.0, 2.4, 3.0, 3.2, 3.6, 5.7, 6.4, 8.4L.
Scotty89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:05 PM   #5
kilroy357
AF Newbie

Found the problem, it was the wrong oil filter. Auto zone didn't have the right one, the guy that was with me put the other filter in and i didn't see what the old filter looked like. I had to go to napa to get the proper filter, swapped it out and all was fixed. sorry for late reply totally forgot about it. thanks for the help tho.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:22 PM   #6
Scotty89
AF Regular

Glad to hear you found the problem. Ironically you are not the first person to run into this. Starting in 2014, I believe, Chrysler decided to change the design of their oil filter for the 3.6L engine. The older style filter looks like your basic cartridge filter. One end has four fingers that snap into the cap. The new design however has a nipple, per say, that is on one end. It sticks up maybe an 1in. Not sure on the exact length. The old style will fit into the new style housing but the new won't fit into the old. They both look like the same length, but will not interchange. On the left is the New style and the right is the older style.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New style.jpg (2.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Old style.jpg (3.0 KB, 0 views)
Scotty89 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager