Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Scion xA/bB/xB/tC
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 03:35 AM   #1
Bossman
AF Enthusiast

xA & xB on Their Way Out!

According to the Winter 2006 edition of Siphon magazine:

"After launching the Scion nameplate and virtually creating a new car segment, the xA and xB are being put into the retirement home. Coming early 2007, two new models will be launched to replace the venerable Scion twins. The xA and xB will end final production in December 2006."

Bossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:15 AM   #2
jwaj2002
AF Regular

Re: xA & xB on Their Way Out!

the xb is continuing but its alot different, it has the 2.4 ltr of the tc, dash mounted shifter, no quarter windows a 16" wide c pillar, longer hood, low beam projectors high beam regular lights, more storage, I could go on

the xa sold so few that the nameplate is going away alltogether, being replaced by the xd, which will have the 1.8 from the corrolla, and hit the stores mid august( for now)
jwaj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #3
NABOX2
AF Newbie

I'm glad I have my 2005 XB. I feel the new body style resembles the Chevrolet HHR way too much. I'm curious to learn the response of other XB owners. Square is better.
NABOX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:16 AM   #4
mracer4
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mracer4

Man...

I just bought an 06 xA with 8 miles on it and they are already replacing it? I guess it's okay b/c i got it @ $15,000 OTD
mracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:25 AM   #5
SactoEric
AF Newbie

We got our 2nd gen last week and so far we've gotten a good response and many who like it did not like the 1st gen. I like them both, but we just had a baby and the '08 xB was, IMO, a great choice
SactoEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #6
Huney1
AF Enthusiast

On their way out huh? We took delivery on an 08 xB last evening so it must be a mirage sitting our garage. We like the high seats and easy entry-exit and so much room and feels like a big car plus rides and drives super. It has the upgrade Pioneer audio and really rocks. Bigger engine supose to have more pep but only like 45 miles on it so have to get it broke in some first before I romp on it. I couldn't believe how well it cornners and how flat it stays very stable and predictable handling.

Previous models with square corners nice but not what we wanted in styling but the way they rounded the corners and did the sculpting number on the rear wheel wells makes it look like a modern people mover. I was amazed at how many middle age and senior citizens like ourselves bought them. I like the spoiler but the wife didn't so that was out. Anxious to see what mileage we get out of the first tank and I'll punch back in and post for you. Thinking about taking a vacation so the new xB will probably be a big motivator to pack up and haul tail.
Huney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:21 AM   #7
typesix
AF Regular

Xa was supposed to be gone, to be replaced with Xd. However, Scion website still lists Xa along with the Xd.

Last edited by typesix; 10-11-2007 at 04:58 PM.
typesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #8
ChuckWW
AF Newbie

I agree with HUNEY1. Got mine 02/08 and have 4100 miles on the odo.
love driving it. Ease of entry and exit is true luxury. I traded a '98 Corolla. When people get tired of hauling themselves in and out of motorized suppositories all cars will look like the xB.
ChuckWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #9
Huney1
AF Enthusiast

About 3500 mi on it now and getting very good gas mileage, 33 hwy and 28 to 30 in town. Engine really strong and when you want to move you can definitely hear it wind up quick. No complaints whatsoever in the engine or performance dept. Took a couple trips and very impressive on the highway and Interstate handles and rides good and seems to be very happy cruising at 80 mph. Don't know what top end is because haven't gone over 80 and don't plan to.

I guess ya'll heard small car sales have increased 33% so people are turning toward the gas sippers instead of the big gas guzzlers. Our gas in SC $3.17 and I hope it doesn't go up anymore.
Huney1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Scion xA/bB/xB/tC