Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 01:58 AM   #1
CBXweb
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to CBXweb Send a message via MSN to CBXweb Send a message via Yahoo to CBXweb
IS getting a Z32 really even worth it?

Well I got an interview coming up for ACT, and I got good vibes that Im going to get this job. And when (not if, when ) I should be making much more money. My friend already works there and he's saving up to get an FD3S RX-7. So the car I want is of course a Zed32. But the more and more and more I read into the forums, and even when I got replied on my thread about getting one when I got my pizza job, it seems like Zed32's arent that reliable. Now Im not saying that they arent, Im just going on what I see on the forum. Now is this true, is it really even worth it, or is it just going to be a psycotic money pit?
CBXweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 02:04 AM   #2
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
well i have an N/A 1990 (supposedly the worst year for problems) but i have a little over 90,000 miles on it and i have had to replace one thing that went mechanically wrong (aac valve). if your goin TT you might be gettin yourself into a little more problems because there is just more shit in that car to go wrong. if u decide to get a Z i think everybody hear would suggest 91-95 and done use your TT as a Daily driver.
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 03:02 AM   #3
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
Re: IS getting a Z32 really even worth it?

having a tt zx is like having a baby, you need to take care of her.. if you neglect her, she'll die... but if you take good care of it, you won't run into problems nearly as often... what k3 said.. the n/a will have fewer problems to deal with
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 09:09 AM   #4
neogenesis
AF Enthusiast

At least it's more reliable then the FD's lol.
neogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 09:35 AM   #5
JCCR
AF Enthusiast

I Drive My Tt As A Daily Driver! And So Far No Problems. I Like To Drive It Hard Like It Was Meant To. Not Like Some Z06 Owerns That Drive Below Speed Limit! Thats Just A Waste Of Money, Car, And Power Not Been Use Properly
JCCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 07:43 PM   #6
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Its reliable as other Nissans (My 240sx has 199k on it, same engine, same trans, and it still runs fine) and provided it hasn't been abused, a TT will be almost reliable as a NA. But with increased complexity, increased risk of something going wrong. If you are just going to drive it back and forth to work and you absolutely have to have a Z32 (I say buy a 240 for the daily chores) then get an NA. A TT is completely wasted sitting in traffic.

Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Broke_as_**** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 03:33 AM   #7
CBXweb
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to CBXweb Send a message via MSN to CBXweb Send a message via Yahoo to CBXweb
My friend recently got a "Z32" 2+2, and to me it was pretty fast, or maybe he was going fast. But it can actually handle alot better than I thought it could, not like your run-in-da-mill hondas . But his fuel injectors were cracked... that is bad right? So now Im going down on my list

"Z32"
91-95 MR2
92-95 Civic "EG" hatchback
Old 07-31-2004, 03:40 AM   #8
RX_speed
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to RX_speed

are you looking at turbo 300zx and mr2s or n/a?
Old 07-31-2004, 03:50 AM   #9
CBXweb
AF Newbie

^ N/A 300ZX, doesnt matter on the MR2, been in an N/A and it was pretty spirited.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:06 AM   #10
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBXweb
But his fuel injectors were cracked... that is bad right?
No, that lightens your car and gives you better injector core flex containment.

[quote]"Z32"[/qoute] Good choice, NA if you got to have a daily driver Z32 (Not really recommended though)

Quote:
91-95 MR2
Not a personal favorite of mine but they don't weigh anything and that gives you alot of room to work with their small motors.

Quote:
92-95 Civic "EG" hatchback
Good for driving back and forth to work and not much else. If you go this route, keep it dead stock so when the wino pisses on your door handle in the parking lot you don't have to wash it off a 15 thousand dollar Z32 TT. Just use the sun roof and move on.

Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Broke_as_**** is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)