Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #16
zivt
Banned

Re: How to get bad smell out of car?

u can go for some sourt of exhaust or else use some sought of freshners to get some good smell
zivt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #17
JJ Henry
AF Newbie

The only product that I have found to work 100% of the time is Auto Shocker. It's like a odor-eliminating fumigation bomb for the car. It's totally Eco-friendly so no harsh chemicals, but I have to tell you guys this stuff really works. You can get it at http://www.biocidesystems.com/auto3hslanding.html
JJ Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:37 AM   #18
cardecorindia
AF Newbie

The best thing is to use perfumes/freshener to get out of this or if it is not working then get your interior replaced with new one and if is also not working then last thing is to get to mechanic and ask for assistance.
cardecorindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #19
autoguy11
AF Newbie

I work for an auto cleaning/detailing service and we use this product called Auto Shocker Quick release that releases Chlorine Dioxide vapor into a car and destroys virtually any odor that we may come across. We had a car come in that had a very strong chemical smell to it and the Auto Shocker completely left it smelling odorless. I hope this helps in your situation, good luck!
autoguy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #20
bumperstickers
AF Newbie

Another easy way to remove smell from your car is "stop farting in the car".
Old 01-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #21
ricebike
AF Enthusiast

also, it helps if you have a rug shampoo machine that spits out the mixture of hot water/ detergent of your choice (add white vinegar to the mix too)... then let it soak, and wet-vac the excess off
ricebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #22
pcannon
AF Newbie

Set several apple slices around inside the car and leave them over night. They absorb smell for reasons totally beyond me.
pcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:46 AM   #23
autoing
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcannon View Post
Set several apple slices around inside the car and leave them over night. They absorb smell for reasons totally beyond me.
I think the vinegar idea (above) works better. Might give this a try though.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:37 AM   #24
automadman691
AF Newbie

Vinegar has worked for me in the past. Before reading the full post I was going to suggest letting your better half out as soon as she lets one go!! I will get my coat.
automadman691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #25
ebestcars
AF Newbie

The easiest way to get rid of bad smells is to visit this site and read step by step cleaning procedure. I think its really helpful. Check this out please.
http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Odors-from-Your-Car
ebestcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #26
Mr_Me
AF Newbie

Although this post is very old , it's still gaining attention.
Most cars have padding under a rug, so if something that was spilled or poured onto the rug, even plain water, was allowed to just sit without sucking it up, your padding is most likely mold ridden.
Door jam carpet trim most of the time can easily be lifted to check that immediate area.
If your like the one that posted this & you have been spilling chemicals without cleaning it up with a wet vac, and the padding is still soaked, then your looking for problems putting other chemicals on it without knowing what the mix could create as far as a gas or poison vapor.
A bowl of WHITE vinegar in a closed area for a day or so does wonders.Believe it or not.
One reply was Baking Soda (Calcium Carbonate) another good one. (just don't mix the two).
But for rugs you MUST brush them while you vacuum for good results You have to move the fibers.
For a mold smell coming from the vents, its most likely mold build up from a blocked A/C drain. A long sturdy wire like a coat-hanger, from underneath run up inside the drain will unclog it.(watch out for the spill sometimes it's nasty!)
But leaves or other tree waist may have got inside the air intake vents. Most vents suck in air from the grate under the wipers & that leads to the AIR intake port, commonly placed behind & within the passenger side fender.
The inside wheel well cover can be removed to clean out debris and the A/C drain if it's unreachable, if all else fails.
If you have problems with a neighbor and now have a sudden smell from your vents then I must add that I once had a neighbor brag about pouring a certain substance into this grate and it smelled the guys car for years.(Don't ask what it was).
but all else ... go here
Mr_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:48 AM   #27
ebestcars
AF Newbie

Smile Re: How to get bad smell out of car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Me View Post
Although this post is very old , it's still gaining attention.
Most cars have padding under a rug, so if something that was spilled or poured onto the rug, even plain water, was allowed to just sit without sucking it up, your padding is most likely mold ridden.
Door jam carpet trim most of the time can easily be lifted to check that immediate area.
If your like the one that posted this & you have been spilling chemicals without cleaning it up with a wet vac, and the padding is still soaked, then your looking for problems putting other chemicals on it without knowing what the mix could create as far as a gas or poison vapor.
A bowl of WHITE vinegar in a closed area for a day or so does wonders.Believe it or not.
One reply was Baking Soda (Calcium Carbonate) another good one. (just don't mix the two).
But for rugs you MUST brush them while you vacuum for good results You have to move the fibers.
For a mold smell coming from the vents, its most likely mold build up from a blocked A/C drain. A long sturdy wire like a coat-hanger, from underneath run up inside the drain will unclog it.(watch out for the spill sometimes it's nasty!)
But leaves or other tree waist may have got inside the air intake vents. Most vents suck in air from the grate under the wipers & that leads to the AIR intake port, commonly placed behind & within the passenger side fender.
The inside wheel well cover can be removed to clean out debris and the A/C drain if it's unreachable, if all else fails.
If you have problems with a neighbor and now have a sudden smell from your vents then I must add that I once had a neighbor brag about pouring a certain substance into this grate and it smelled the guys car for years.(Don't ask what it was).
but all else ... go here
I completely agree with you and with this url http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Odors-from-Your-Car
Old 02-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #28
northwoods60
AF Newbie

agreed! we had a skunk that wiped its butt on the car...vinegar/baking soda. Its the oil in the stink that one has to contend with. Spray vinegar,,,your car will eventually smell of fries.
northwoods60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #29
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

I have done professional detailing for many years. Personally, I use chemical guys products for odor removal. Also turn on the recirc when you spray the products inside the car. From my experience most odors are held in two key spots, the carpets/rugs and the Ac ventilation ducts.

These products should take care of the problem. Use in this order.

1. http://www.detailersdomain.com/1Z-ei...aner_p_78.html

2. http://www.chemicalguys.com/Smoke_An...spi_104_16.htm

3. http://www.chemicalguys.com/LEATHER_...air_102_16.htm

Those 3 will leaving the car smelling excellent. Make sure to leave the recirc on for at least 20-30 mins after spraying the odor eliminator.
" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #30
ebestcars
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasgerlach112 View Post
Just clean the entire car ... Used some vinegar it really works for me... And some air freshener..
Oh yeah vinegar it will work for sure.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General