Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '04+
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
jaybo80
AF Newbie

06 Jetta Ping/knock noise

I have an 06 Jetta with 5sp manual and the 2.5 gas 5 cyl. It has 55,000 miles on it and the last week or so I notice a small knock/ping sound. It doesn't do it when I just rev. it up in N., but when going 40+ mph and give it a little gas I seem to notice it. Anyone else had anything similar? It doesn't really sound quite like the old ping you used to hear in old V8 engines when the timing was off a little, but that's kinda what it reminds me of. It sounds a little like it may be coming from closer to the underside, like maybe a cv joint or something like that.

Thanks-
jaybo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:53 AM   #2
JerryLtowIt
AF Newbie

Re: 06 Jetta Ping/knock noise

What fuel do you run in it? My old Ford Ranger sounded like it had a diesel engine when I ran cheap fuel in it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '04+