Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Starion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 07:58 PM   #1
sharp1
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to sharp1
Engine Swap

HEY GUYS, WHATS UP? ANYBODY EVER HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH INSTALLING A MITSUBISHI3000GT V6 ENGINE IN A STARQUEST 89
sharp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:43 AM   #2
AutoBodyGod
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to AutoBodyGod Send a message via MSN to AutoBodyGod Send a message via Yahoo to AutoBodyGod
Talking Re: Engine Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1
HEY GUYS, WHATS UP? ANYBODY EVER HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH INSTALLING A MITSUBISHI3000GT V6 ENGINE IN A STARQUEST 89
I seen a 87 Conquest on Ebay a month or so ago with the 3000 engine in it. I think he used all the electrical componets from a 3000, and used a transmission from a 2wd Mazda 2600 truck. I can't verify if Mazda made a 2wd 3.0 truck, however I think he mentioned it in the ad on Ebays listing. BTW.......The Conquest did have 2 turbos on it!!
AutoBodyGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:47 PM   #3
aorozco2
AF Regular

Re: Engine Swap

do you have any more info on that conversion (pics) because I want to see how the motor mounts were set and that sort of stuff.

Wheels/brakes/Suspension:
Hawk HPS Brake Pads
R1 concepts cross drilled and slotted rotors
Megan Racing "Street Series" Coilover Kit
Adjustable control arms
adjustable toe arms
exhaust:
2.5" test pipe
2.5" cat back (angled out)
Misc.:
Short throw shifter
Soon to come:
TT Conversion w/AEM UEGO, AEM Ttru-boost, APEXi AFC II, solid motormounts, Dattalogger (hand held halo), etc...
aorozco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:25 AM   #4
PFC_Gardner
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to PFC_Gardner

On the subject of swapping engines....What is the difference between an 89 T1 2.2/2.5 block and an 89 2.6? Are the mounts similar? I have an 89 LeBaron with a 2.5 and love to put it in a rwd starion/conquest...
PFC_Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #5
AutoBodyGod
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to AutoBodyGod Send a message via MSN to AutoBodyGod Send a message via Yahoo to AutoBodyGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFC_Gardner
On the subject of swapping engines....What is the difference between an 89 T1 2.2/2.5 block and an 89 2.6? Are the mounts similar? I have an 89 LeBaron with a 2.5 and love to put it in a rwd starion/conquest...
2.2 is made by Chrysler, 2.5 & 2.6 is Mitsubishi. I would suggest leaving the 2.6 in the Conquest or Starion because it's got more bottom end torque than a 2.5. I watched a friend of mine install a 2.6 in a Minivan and he had to weld a mounting ear off the 2.5 engine on to the 2.6. 1st time he cranked on it with full boost, the mounting ear snapped.
AutoBodyGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:07 PM   #6
TSOPbananaforyou
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to TSOPbananaforyou Send a message via AIM to TSOPbananaforyou Send a message via MSN to TSOPbananaforyou Send a message via Yahoo to TSOPbananaforyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBodyGod
I seen a 87 Conquest on Ebay a month or so ago with the 3000 engine in it. I think he used all the electrical componets from a 3000, and used a transmission from a 2wd Mazda 2600 truck. I can't verify if Mazda made a 2wd 3.0 truck, however I think he mentioned it in the ad on Ebays listing. BTW.......The Conquest did have 2 turbos on it!!
Yes Mazda/Ford did make a 3L 2wd truck in the Ranger or B3000
TSOPbananaforyou is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Starion