Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #106
carbuilder2002
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to carbuilder2002
Re: Location of GTR's - Index

Interesting picture, it still retains the nacca ducts on the front body section. It was my belief that they were all modified to have them removed.
Can anyone comment.
carbuilder2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:23 PM   #107
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurstg01
Just for storage? It's not listed on their website, but is shown on their website in small pictures
I took the pic that they are using on their website
mini magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:44 AM   #108
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

Thanked 1,498 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini magic
I took the pic that they are using on their website
Can you post the larger size?
Old 11-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #109
Tmpst
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurstg01
if anyone knows where a certain GTR was last seen, please let me know and I'll update it.
Stroll's GTR #23r was again raced at the Fall Classic at Circuit Tremblant on Sept 20. Stroll, by the way, owns the track.

Stroll placed second in the race, behind a 2008 Stohr wf1. You can see the results here: http://www.lecircuit.com/eventDocume...lenge%20C1.pdf

Stroll did not contest the second GT race of the weekend on the 21st.

You can just barely see the GTR as the second car from the front at the beginning of this video:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/L...-08_188402.htm Sadly the GTR drives away from the Subaru from which the video was taken. This race was actually part of the Quebec GT series, although many racers (such as Stroll) contest only the fall classic. Pilon, the driver of the Subaru, won the championship by finishing third behind the GTR (way behind).

There are numerous pictures here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/f1design/page4/ (not my own, sorry)
Tmpst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 AM   #110
payso
AF Regular

clicky

found on flickr
Old 11-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #111
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

nice finds Tmpst and Payso!
Old 11-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #112
WaZzZuPpP
AF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to WaZzZuPpP

#27r, pic taken march, 08

and two more, where its is only partly seen: here and here
WaZzZuPpP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:12 PM   #113
F1GTRUeno
AF Regular

Such a shame 27R wasn't bought by someone for use in the GT90s series.

Was it a LARK car?
F1GTRUeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:52 AM   #114
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1GTRUeno
Such a shame 27R wasn't bought by someone for use in the GT90s series.
Was it a LARK car?
See here for the livery of #27R, amongst all the rest
Old 12-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #115
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Sami Aaltonen

I'm a new member at this forum. And I'm a Finnish.....

I have been F1/LM/GT/GTR fan as long as the McLaren F1 roadcar had it's first public show over 13 years ago. And then came the GTR...and The LeMans 1995. And then here at Finland, Helsinki the GT race 1997 and we saw here the Longtail versions of this GTR McLaren. I will never forget it what I saw and heard that day.

And right now I just want to say, how glad I am to read this information of the LeMans Winner 1995 cars fate. I really believed that the car has been overpainted at Orange and it has came the LM version some where in the world these days.

Fortunately NOT!
Thank you so much these many pics and stories trought the forum, that I have been read and wachted this evening and been more than glad that the winner car has been kept it's orginal race paintings!
I never wanted to believe that McLaren could overpaint that car, which has so great history and which will always remembered at GTR's greatest win. And history has always been important to McLaren.

And I just feel, that the McLaren F1 GTR's doesn't have so much information at the Internet that many us, fans, could hope. So this forum really saved the day!

But still now when I think that here is some one who could answer at this question, I try my luck.
Back over 10 years ago, 1996 we had here at Finland, Helsinki Motor Show. There was one car, what got all my respect. I was only 16 years an old, but I knew what I saw that day. Finnish driver JJ Lehto and his team mates had taken the historic win at LeMans just ear before......1995.
I still had the pics safe place at my home and I know, and I know how rare pics these are today.
But anyway, the show year was 1996 so I think that the viewed McLaren F1 GTR model year was 1996. It also could be 1995. It was of course a short tail version and it was FINA BMW colors. Th racenumber in the door was 38. And the drivers writen on the door:
Jacques Laffite, Steve Soper ja Marc Duez.
So the question is, that what was the chasis number and what was the car's model, 1995 or 1996? And were this car is today?!
I found in the Internet some shots, which would expect this car been 1996, but was it?!
I'm very greatfull about this information!

I know that this thread is quite old one, but still I wanted to write, even my writing is not perfect.
Thank you for your time.
Sami Aaltonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #116
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

Welcome and your English is even better than some of us who speak it as our first language
Old 12-13-2008, 04:09 PM   #117
Le Man
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami Aaltonen
I'm a new member at this forum. And I'm a Finnish.....

But still now when I think that here is some one who could answer at this question, I try my luck.
Back over 10 years ago, 1996 we had here at Finland, Helsinki Motor Show. There was one car, what got all my respect. I was only 16 years an old, but I knew what I saw that day. Finnish driver JJ Lehto and his team mates had taken the historic win at LeMans just ear before......1995.
I still had the pics safe place at my home and I know, and I know how rare pics these are today.
But anyway, the show year was 1996 so I think that the viewed McLaren F1 GTR model year was 1996. It also could be 1995. It was of course a short tail version and it was FINA BMW colors. Th racenumber in the door was 38. And the drivers writen on the door:
Jacques Laffite, Steve Soper ja Marc Duez.
So the question is, that what was the chasis number and what was the car's model, 1995 or 1996? And were this car is today?!
I found in the Internet some shots, which would expect this car been 1996, but was it?!
I'm very greatfull about this information
Hi Sami,

Welcome to the forum,

If you have any rare photos you took of the F1 GTR,s please post.

The GTR you saw at the Helsinki motor show was probably #16R, which was one of three chassis campained by BMW Motorsport in 1996. This GTR is currently for sale at DK Engineering and for the last few years has been in the ownership of "Mr Bridger", who frequents this forum now and again
Le Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:01 AM   #118
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25

16R would be the most likely chassis from my perspective as well, based on your description.

There were some other FINA liveried GTRs used in promotional displays, but they were the slightly different than the ones which were raced, and commonly referred to as the FINA Presentation livery. The reference shots I have of them either did not have a race number affixed or wore the number "1" which has no relation to any real racing event with that livery.

In my image archive I have what appear to be four different display venues featuring what should in all likelyhood be #16R wearing race number 38, so it seems that it was the other one used for some of the promotional work. Perhaps one of these images below matches the setting you recall?

The final pairing has "Mondial" in the filename, which I believe would refer to the Paris motorshow.

Anyway - welcome to the forum Sami. Great to have another McLaren enthusiast find their way here.

This is without a doubt the most knowledgeable and passionate group you'll find on the web associated with the F1 so you should certainly enjoy your stay. If there is something we don't know about the cars, then it's generally still a mystery or just not public knowledge. We do learn new things from time to time and this place still manages to hold my interest after almost 6 years or so.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #119
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Man
Hi Sami,

Welcome to the forum,

If you have any rare photos you took of the F1 GTR,s please post.

The GTR you saw at the Helsinki motor show was probably #16R, which was one of three chassis campained by BMW Motorsport in 1996. This GTR is currently for sale at DK Engineering and for the last few years has been in the ownership of "Mr Bridger", who frequents this forum now and again
Thanks for the friendlynes for all of you!

Yes, I've been working on it, to get those film pics at digital shape. I will do that when I just have time. Please be patient. But I will put the pics here, as soon as I just can.

Really superb to know the chasis number and the year model. Great! Thanks for this information! I thought that it most likely is 1996, but I wasn't sure so I wanted to check that. Thank you!!
Old 12-14-2008, 09:03 AM   #120
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25
16R would be the most likely chassis from my perspective as well, based on your description.

There were some other FINA liveried GTRs used in promotional displays, but they were the slightly different than the ones which were raced, and commonly referred to as the FINA Presentation livery. The reference shots I have of them either did not have a race number affixed or wore the number "1" which has no relation to any real racing event with that livery.

In my image archive I have what appear to be four different display venues featuring what should in all likelyhood be #16R wearing race number 38, so it seems that it was the other one used for some of the promotional work. Perhaps one of these images below matches the setting you recall?

The final pairing has "Mondial" in the filename, which I believe would refer to the Paris motorshow.

Anyway - welcome to the forum Sami. Great to have another McLaren enthusiast find their way here.

This is without a doubt the most knowledgeable and passionate group you'll find on the web associated with the F1 so you should certainly enjoy your stay. If there is something we don't know about the cars, then it's generally still a mystery or just not public knowledge. We do learn new things from time to time and this place still manages to hold my interest after almost 6 years or so.

>8^)
ER
Stunning! Yes! Yes! I'm almoust sure that the car what was here at Finland 1996, is the same car that you have shoted at Paris! Number is same and the painting looks same.
Paris motorshow, do you remember the year?!?
But like I said, I will put she shots here, as soon as I can!

About this McLaren F1. It's amazing, there are I think just two other cars, which had put me everytime speechless. Two of them are Lamborghini's; Coutach and Diablo. But this McLaren F1.

I have loved it since it first public show. Every time when I see the pics, was it basic F1, LM or GTR or hear the sound (youtube ), every time I fall in love again in it. It just is something...... and back over 10 years ago at Helsinki; when I heard and saw the Longtail GTR..... WOH. Just can't find the words when I first time heard that GTR's V12 shouting. Stunning!
Specialetly this video is just....stunning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Kmx...eature=related

Does anyone know this show more..?!

And I must tell you all, I have collect some scale models about this McLaren F1. Even these one's are quite difficult to get.
I have silver basic F1 I think 1/43 size by Minichamps, then is (do not know the make) 1/18 size that LeMans winner GTR and this Christmas is comming 1/43 LeMans winner longside this bigger one. And then one Longtail is ofcourse; FINA BMW GTR 1997, which JJ Lehto raced it on LeMans and it has procuded IXO Models, like the smaller one LeMan winner. Still want more.......

But I don't know why I have waited this over 10 years to not look any information or scale models of McLaren F1..... Why I have been so stup......
But never is too late!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1