Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 04:56 AM   #121
mr bridger
AF Regular

Re: Now this should be exciting - McLaren versus Enzo on 5th Gear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Man
Hi Mr Bridger,

Colour Scheme ideas for your Rocket. If you are into retro, BRG with white stripes (old Coopers,Vanwalls etc) plus flying hat and goggles!! Or modern, liquid gold/orange with carbon guards.plus Simpson super bandit helmet.

Regards Le Man.
....le man, told my ladyfriend about your "flying hat & goggles" idea...did"nt meet with much enthusiasm!...i loved it & had visions in my head of her looking like "gromet"s ears" in the back of it with hair flying all over the place!.........itww, i would imagine he (GM) must have felt like king canute at times trying to stem an inexorable tide rolling in!!....cabrio, nice list!...i very nearly bought a GT1 Porsche some years ago, i was put of it by its very small fuel tank...no range!, something like 120 miles,ludicrous,..i would rather have a rocket than the atom (i"m biased!!), so its a shortlist of a Zonda F or a Caparo...i think!,...ps/ yes the zonda (& enzo) has/have been to le mans several times,all fairly well documented on P.Heads site..allegedly!! thanks, mr bridger.
mr bridger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:19 AM   #122
cabrio92
www.McLF1.com

Send a message via MSN to cabrio92

Hello,

thanks too ! I was afraid my list wase pure madness !

My pics of the parade are here : http://carpics.free.fr/LeMans2006/pa...eMans2006.html

Phil
Old 08-24-2006, 05:39 AM   #123
mr bridger
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrio92
Hello,

thanks too ! I was afraid my list wase pure madness !

My pics of the parade are here : http://carpics.free.fr/LeMans2006/pa...eMans2006.html

Phil
......phil, a lot more pics for you here from our "club site"....www.lambranos.com enjoy, mr bridger.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:30 AM   #124
RubenRocket
AF Newbie

Mr. Bridger, is your Rocket one of the few brand new ones that Chris Craft is going to build after an absence of many years? (chassis # R039 perhaps ?)

I understand you're used to quite a bit in terms of sheer performance, but be prepared for a ride like nothing else! The Rocket is not faster than most of your other cars, but it will definately FEEL faster! (And isn't that what it's all about after all? )

Cheers, Ruben
RubenRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:41 AM   #125
mr bridger
AF Regular

hello ruben, yes i know what they are like, a friend of mine has one & i have driven it...most notably at croft circuit in north yorks uk...if you know the factory (are you the web site people from holland?) its the original demo red/wht/gold promo race car being put back to semi road spec ie/ 2nd seat back in there but keeping the roll hoop....looking forward to it!!, thanks, mr bridger
Old 08-24-2006, 07:52 AM   #126
RubenRocket
AF Newbie

Hi Mr Bridger,

Thank you for incredibly quick reply! Yes, I am on the Dutch website, which is hosted by a friend of mine, who is the current owner of # R029 (I sold it to him this spring), a true Rocket enthousiast, just like me. He is also trying to put together an owners registry on this website, would you and your friend mind registering by dropping him an e-mail? I'm sure he will be absolutely delighted!

Cheers, Ruben
PS as a Mini enthousiast (as well) for life I really appreciate your nickname
RubenRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:01 AM   #127
mr bridger
AF Regular

hello ruben, yes i"ve seen the site, also sent it to my friend who has a car already, & we will probably both register when my car arrives...re mr bridger (from the original film of course), my lambrano friends gave me the name some time ago & it just stuck with me!..i even had to get a mini cooper just to keep up appearences!!, thanks mr bridger.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:32 AM   #128
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Mr Bridger. What do you think of the Edonis?
mini magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:59 AM   #129
mr bridger
AF Regular

Mr Bridger. What do you think of the Edonis?...chris, dont think i really like the look of it, looks a bit too "scoops,vents & sharp"...wasnt it based on an EB110 tub, with input from some of the original F40 designers?...saw a comparison of it once against the red GTR which the Mac won fairly easily, but in truth thats pretty much all i know about the car, although a friend of mine was in italy a few years ago with Casimo Nasole (the test driver) & he tells me its a real eyefull in the flesh so to speak, thanks, bridger.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:08 AM   #130
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Ok. I thought you'd think the same as most people. If i recall it had the EB110's engine but with only 2 turbos as opposed to 4, not sure about the tub. I think the team included various people from Bugatti, not sure about the F40 people, possibly Thanks
Old 08-24-2006, 09:17 AM   #131
mr bridger
AF Regular

Ok. I thought you'd think the same as most people. If i recall it had the EB110's engine but with only 2 turbos as opposed to 4, not sure about the tub. I think the team included various people from Bugatti, not sure about the F40 people, possibly Thanks....//....chris,from memory, a belgian guy called Burrell was the main guy & Matterazzi from the F40...i think, my pal danny from lambranos will know for sure & if your interested i will put you in touch with him...i know he drove 1 of the 2 cars & has video footage of it somewhere, thanks, bridger.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:52 AM   #132
BMW.WilliamsF1Team
AF Enthusiast

I'm almost 100% certain the EB110 engines were also quad turbocharged so wouldn't removing 2 mess it up somehow with the tuning? I'd think it would be a hassle with no better results.
BMW.WilliamsF1Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:59 AM   #133
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW.WilliamsF1Team
I'm almost 100% certain the EB110 engines were also quad turbocharged
They were I don't know enough about engines to comment on that but i'm fairly sure they removed 2. Thanks for the offer Mr Bridger, i'm not that fussed, i was just what you thought of the car. I haven't seen it in the press for AGES. The only one i've ever seen is the red prototype
Old 08-24-2006, 10:10 AM   #134
mr bridger
AF Regular

yep, it def. had 2 turbos..it was octane mag that ran the article, the car reputedly had 720bhp....& LOTS of turbo lag...thats a suprise then!!
Old 08-28-2006, 09:27 AM   #135
Le Man
AF Enthusiast

As you guys already have read in Tims thread, that I met up with "Mr Bridger" at Donington Park yesterday. It was a great pleasure to meet up with an Automotive Forum member who actually owns an F1 (Now on his second version) He is also in possession of the worlds most expensive cigar cutter (see pic).

I have full admiration for "Mr Bridger" who not only has a collection of highly desirable exotic cars, is that he uses them as well!! He is also a man of considerable driving talent, as ascertained from talking to him and his friends. When questioned about if he will take 16R to the track,I could see in his eye that he would love to. But the consequence of something unforseen happening, the car is to valuable to damage. He also noted that a well peddled lotus elise could probably see off the GTR on a "B" road, as the GTR has to much power and has a stiff suspension set up. We got onto the subject of the "Works" purple cam cover engines, lets just say the engine is producing more than enough power. When talking to "Mr Bridger,s" ladyfriend about which car she prefers, her reply was that she likes,the looks of the GTR, But likes the Enzo best. Also she is hoping that "Mr Bridger" adds a Zonda F roadster to his collection.(Perfect choice!)

As for 16R, the car was immaculately turned out. Although dressed in papaya paintwork and not in original race colours.(depends, which side of the fence your on) It looked perfect in the morning sunlight and is a credit to McLarens customer care department.

I would now personally like to thank "Mr bridger" and his friends, on behalf of my brother and from everbody here on the forum. For there time and generousity in talking about 16R and other car related subjects in general and also allowing for the following pics to be taken.

As for the 6hour race, Astons, Corvettes etc very good to watch, but no Mac,s (if only it was 95 again)

(Pics to follow shortly)
Le Man is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1