Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 05:20 AM   #91
mr bridger
AF Regular

Re: Now this should be exciting - McLaren versus Enzo on 5th Gear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernobyl
mr bridger, does the gentleman you purchased the F1 from still have his modified GT40 or the 'GT42'...some would call it?
.....chernobyl, are you ref. to RB or TR, RB certainly has a GT40 which he races with some success, TR i"m not sure if he has one...does he?
mr bridger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:47 AM   #92
chernobyl
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bridger
.....chernobyl, are you ref. to RB or TR, RB certainly has a GT40 which he races with some success, TR i"m not sure if he has one...does he?
RB. Glad to hear he still has it. Would love to drive that machine. Being 6,6 myself, its the only GT40 i could.

Thanks doe sharing your F1 with us. There are a lot of people on this forum who really appreciate it.
chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:19 AM   #93
cabrio92
www.McLF1.com

Send a message via MSN to cabrio92

Hello,

This forum is incredible ! Thanks Mr Bridger to join us and take the time to speak with us

So, when I saw you and your Enzo at Le Mans Classic, I didn't know you have also a F1 GTR So, there were 4 (at least) F1 owners at Le Mans Classic and unhappily unable to speak with you and them.
I would like to know if you want pics of your Enzo at LMC ?
And a little question since you purchased 007 in France : any chance the car resided in France ??
It's a shame there were only one or two F1s in France

Thanks again !

Phil

PS : which is the model and colour of your Zonda please ?
Old 08-21-2006, 07:35 AM   #94
mr bridger
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrio92
Hello,

This forum is incredible ! Thanks Mr Bridger to join us and take the time to speak with us

So, when I saw you and your Enzo at Le Mans Classic, I didn't know you have also a F1 GTR So, there were 4 (at least) F1 owners at Le Mans Classic and unhappily unable to speak with you and them.
I would like to know if you want pics of your Enzo at LMC ?
And a little question since you purchased 007 in France : any chance the car resided in France ??
It's a shame there were only one or two F1s in France

Thanks again !

Phil

PS : which is the model and colour of your Zonda please ?
......hello phil, thankyou for your kind comments...i already have some pics of the enzo thanks, but if you have any good (i"m sure they will be) ones, please feel free to post them...007 lived in geneva prior to my purchase of the car at paris auction....the zonda is / was a silver s12 ( reg no.S12 PAG), sadly now sold to make way for...???...something else!!, regards mr bridger.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:40 AM   #95
mr bridger
AF Regular

Quote:
RB. Glad to hear he still has it. Would love to drive that machine. Being 6,6 myself, its the only GT40 i could.

Thanks doe sharing your F1 with us. There are a lot of people on this forum who really appreciate it.
...thankyou, my pleasure, mr bridger.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:39 AM   #96
Patster
AF Regular

couldn't argree with you guys more... as I have never even seen an actual F1 before, reading first-hand stories from an actual owner is the next best thing...

now if autofocus would only hook us up with pics from Mr. Bridger's collection...
Patster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #97
autofocus
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patster
couldn't argree with you guys more... as I have never even seen an actual F1 before, reading first-hand stories from an actual owner is the next best thing...

now if autofocus would only hook us up with pics from Mr. Bridger's collection...
Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay, just got back from hols and taken longer than I thought to sort through my 'to do list'

Here are the pictures as promised (please click the link to view)

http://www.dunlopix.com/page30.html

Enjoy the pics, and there may well be some more exciting pictures to come next week.

Regards

Tim
autofocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:36 PM   #98
countachal
AF Regular

Thanks for the pictures Tim , i hope you do get to shoot his collection some time soon that would be great to see, and it would be interesting to see what the zonda has made way for!?
countachal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #99
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bridger
......hello phil, thankyou for your kind comments...i already have some pics of the enzo thanks, but if you have any good (i"m sure they will be) ones, please feel free to post them...007 lived in geneva prior to my purchase of the car at paris auction....the zonda is / was a silver s12 ( reg no.S12 PAG), sadly now sold to make way for...???...something else!!, regards mr bridger.
How would you compare the overall experience in the Zonda to your former F1 road car (#007)?

BTW: If you are looking for suggestions on a replacement for the Zonda, I'd vote for the Carrera GT, preferrably in Black.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:51 PM   #100
Le Man
AF Enthusiast

Many thanks Tim, for the new pics,

Checked out some other pics on your site, come across a very well known Diablo SV to me. (Owned by a long time friend and car dealer. LH)

Also a big thankyou to Mr Bridger, for allowing pics of his car collection to be shown and for his time in replying to questions about 16R from all us here on the forum.
Le Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:33 PM   #101
chernobyl
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25
suggestions on a replacement
I honestly dont see what could replace, or even the point of replacing the Zonda. What can another car really offer you other than shape. I guess if you track it, you get the full experience of what the car is made for.

The only replacement considering the other cars this man has, is a bugatti veyron.
chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:59 AM   #102
Patster
AF Regular

Thanks Tim for your pics!

a stunning collection Mr. Bridger... how do you rank your rides? assuming that the F1 is #1, whats next?
Patster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:45 AM   #103
mr bridger
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25
How would you compare the overall experience in the Zonda to your former F1 road car (#007)?

BTW: If you are looking for suggestions on a replacement for the Zonda, I'd vote for the Carrera GT, preferrably in Black.

>8^)
ER
...hello peloton, the 2 cars are quite similar in a lot of respects, ie/ big n.a. engines, big power & torque etc, the F1 has the edge in terms of outright acceleration, particularly further up the "range" (over 150mph), however the roles are totally reversed when it comes to handling/ride...the zonda has in my opinion probably the best steering/turn in of any "supercar" built, & that includes the F40, renowned for its steering feel/feedback even by G.Murray (driving ambition),..in truth the car turns in like a big "go-kart", it is incredlible!..the zonda is also in my opinion, the only car which rivals the F1 in build quality, the attention to detail is astounding, even in areas which are not on public view...the symmetry of the carbon has to be seen to be believed, i would say it even surpasses the F1 in this area, although possibly it should given its more recent construction...the zonda also scores heavily over the F1 in terms of cost of initial purchase/upkeep/servicing....however,all is not lost for the F1, the car (F1) has an almost mythical reputation,in any guise, & the zonda perhaps due to its lack of racing pedigree/history cannot compete with that, perhaps that is why, although built in similar numbers, the F1 continues to hold its own or appreciate, whilst the zonda does not!...the styling of the 2 cars is down to personal preferrence, some would argue the F1 is slightly understated, & love the car because of that, others that the Zonda is outrageous, as a supercar should be...i personally think the F1 to be the cleaner shape & that the zonda is possibly just a little too "fussy" in some areas, notably around the rear...all that said, "you pays your money, & takes your choice" the saying goes!........i take your point re the carrera gt, but for me, the cars "on limit" handling reputation & free fall price (at the moment) rule it out...for the time being anyway!!...regards, mr bridger
Old 08-22-2006, 06:55 AM   #104
mr bridger
AF Regular

Quote:
I honestly dont see what could replace, or even the point of replacing the Zonda. What can another car really offer you other than shape. I guess if you track it, you get the full experience of what the car is made for.

The only replacement considering the other cars this man has, is a bugatti veyron.
.....hello chernobyl, a zonda F perhaps?...the bug is over 2 tons on the road (with fluids), that surely HAS to count against it on the twisty bits!...i recall reading somewhere it also only "managed" 214mph at the VW bowl where the F1 did 240mph, & that it eventually (bugatti claim) did reach 251mph at the black rock desert in nevada, but it took it a full 6 or 8 miles to get there!...sadly there are no roads that long (& empty) that i know in the uk...that said, curiosity may eventually get the better of me!!, regards, mr bridger.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:58 AM   #105
mr bridger
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Man
Many thanks Tim, for the new pics,

Checked out some other pics on your site, come across a very well known Diablo SV to me. (Owned by a long time friend and car dealer. LH)

Also a big thankyou to Mr Bridger, for allowing pics of his car collection to be shown and for his time in replying to questions about 16R from all us here on the forum.
...thanyou, your welcome, mr bridger.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1