Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 07:27 PM   #1
dxasaurus
AF Enthusiast

I can almost believe some of the people who make 'bs' kills.

Well, this probaby won't be all that interesting. I was a witness to a pretty nice kill, but at the same time had my own.
Here is the nice kill, I will make it short so I have room for my own kill:

Well, driving back from class in my stock, slow Civic dx, I saw an M3 in my rear view mirror. I'll start off by saying you don't have to stop reading, because I know I couldn't beat him if he missed every gear. Anyway, he stayed behind me for a while and out of nowhere came a Honda S2000 which appeared to be stock that flew out behind the M3(I guess). He was the stereotypical mid 40 year old man, who had never had a fast car in his life, and was just showing off. He passed me and the M3 in the left lane, shifting pretty slowly, but then agian, what would be the point beating on the tranny if he wasn't racing? Maybe he wasn't that stupid. Well, I reach route 99 and accelerate, the S2k puts the gas down all of the way while he is in front of me(long highway with very little traffic). And now out of nowhere the M3 just floors it with it's beautiful I6 and passes me as if I am not moving(I am doing about 55 with the gas down JUST so I can hear them and see what they are up to). By the time I reach about 85-90 mph while still in 3rd I believe(train like dx auto gears, maybe I WAS in 4th, never could hear the shift) the M3 is right next to the S2k and pulling like crazy. I was very impressed, and in my dull town never get to witness a half decent kill. You might not think anything of this kill, but really, google M3 engine/exhaust clips, because you have to be reminded of how sweet these things sound. I believe both cars were stock, and pulling like madmen on me, of course.

Anyway, to my kill.
Well, I know my car is slow, but I figured I'd mess with a friend of mine who owns a '95 V6 mustang with flowmasters.... meh. We both figure since he has about 145 hp stock with some nice torque and RWD setup, that even if his car DID lose to a crown vic the previous night, that he was still fast enought to beat me.

Well, we reach a light. He looks at my car and laughs. I feel like my car is a piece of junk at this moment seeing as I am about to lose to a car that most would make fun of. Not to mention that his exhaust sound just like a v8 at very low rpm, which managed to scare me, but once he revvs it, you hear the thrashy 3.8(i think) moan for help so it wasn't all that bad.... I do the stupid little torque converter stall trick knowing he will go from idle. The light goes green, I get the slightest jump on him, and my tires spin out just a bit. By the time I reach 2nd gear at nearly 40mph, I have about a half car or slightly less on him. Second seems to hold well past 60, seemed to take forever. By the time it shifted to 3rd, I may have pulled an extra inch, but we stayed even up untill about 80 where I shut down.

I must ask, since we both have autos and I barely got a jump on him(just by a milisecond), how did I beat him? I guess the thing is beat up and old enough, where as my little civic has low miles that the age difference changed the outcome. I looked up the curb weight. My car weighs about 2400, while his weighs 3100. Tell me if this kill seemed right please, because his car is kept in good tune, but does have a bit over 100k miles on it. I had tried my luck against a 99 ish V6 and it left me off the light as if I had stalled. I know the '95 makes less power, but it DOES have some torque....

Be honest and tell me if I should have lost if both cars were in equally good condition. This makes me wonder if some people that have posted before actually have beaten the cars they said they did that you or I didn't believe.

Also, tell me if I wrote up the story good. Thanks.
dxasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 07:49 PM   #2
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
Re: I can almost believe some of the people who make 'bs' kills.

great story nice change from what normally passes around here! Honestly one of the best I can remember posted here. the 40 year old man line made me laugh!

you hung no clear winner but good job on loading the TC and he didn't your the better driver!

fuck him v6s stangs arn't worth even me laughing at.
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:11 PM   #3
Shpyder
Moderate moderator

Re: Re: I can almost believe some of the people who make 'bs' kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
great story nice change from what normally passes around here!

Sweet observed kill, and good one with the mustang. My car's been in the shop for a while, so I've been driving around in a 2000 auto civic (totally base model: roll-up windows, and no tach in the dash!) which is actually decently quick if I step on it hard enough. Once I get my own car back (hopfeully before the turn of the century), I'll probably be eating my words, but the worst thing in a race is to underestimate your opponent and to lack humility, because if you lose a race with that attitude, youre a laughing stock! The absence of the regular posted "I walked his aZZ" material is dually noted and appreciated.

The daily driver. The weekend cruiser. The lazy shop hog.
Shpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:53 AM   #4
slow_99integra
AF Regular

Nice story i like it. I have a new found respect for the racing stories. We just need more stories like this.

"I'm a kid with a grown man's mind turning corrupt" Wu Syndicate
slow_99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:23 AM   #5
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

^Seconded. More respect given to an honest person in a slow car than a cheese-dicked, loudmouth bullshitter in a hotrod (or worse, a percieved hotrod)...

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell...
RSX-S777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 02:45 PM   #6
dxasaurus
AF Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I got a good deal on an air intake for my car. Now it's loud and I get some attention, which I don't want. I actually had a guy in an SUV ask me what I am running when we pulled up to a light, because he heard me pass him(I wasn't speeding), which kinda made me laugh. I guess he just thought I was one of those 'boy racers'. Those ricers must get a kick sometimes. Maybe someone in my class will want it so I can sell it to them for a profit?

I might go back to stock. No performance difference, but I kinda knew that would be the case. It attracts some attention as I said and I already had people tell me to slow down when I was just going home from the supermarketv doing the speed limit(lots of those old people who wonder the streets acting like cops, if you know what I mean).

I will see if I can get a pic of it. It looks so funny in my otherwise dull engine bay.=P

Thanks again, guys! My friend in the stang was embarassed, but I didn't rub it in.

Shpyder: Yeah, my car is quick to the point where I can chug along at the speed limit on highways, and it CAN get out of its own way on a stoplight when I have traffic behind me, but I can imagine what you car could do to me in a race. I would figure if you would have even a mildly built eclipse, a base model civic would be extreemly slow to you. Then again, I have been in fast muscle cars on ocasion and if I get in, lets say, a stock WRX, it will still seem pretty fast, so I guess it might be that way to you, but in a 'morbidly slow civic' sort of way.=P
dxasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!