Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 06:21 AM   #1
ryanisfast
AF Newbie

Cool integra type R and my prelude...S2000

Ok, so I'm going to Seattle, didn't plan on racing, but it happened. So, there I am on the freeway and I end up next to an integra. We get side by side and just punch it already goin probably 65 70. We are side by side the whole time. Then we slow down and go again, but he started punchin before we were even again and I was trying to catch up. Anyways, he never even gained on me. After that he goes and basically laughs at me and points at his Type R badge on the side of his car. That made me mad because he was a little cheater. I know a type R is faster than my 95 prelude si, but still, he never actually gained on me when he started too soon or when we were side by side. He seemed like a really poor sport. I assume that the guy racing in the integra slapped on some fake type R badges because a real type R would have pulled hard on me. Anyways on my way back home I casually am going about 80 and go past a s2000. I know-he's in a way different league, but he was cool. He speeds up and I punch it. We had fun and I know he wasn't going full out, but I was and I topped out my car at 130. At that speed I was just a few lengths behind him because I think he didn't want to be a jack*** and rub it in my face that he has a way faster car. All I can say was that the guy in the s2000 gave me a huge adrenaline rush. There was an apex on the freeway and I took it at 130mph! For me, that was very exciting...plus I was racing a s2000. After that there was a thumbs up. Great night.
ryanisfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 02:27 PM   #2
nastyNater
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nastyNater
Re: integra type R and my prelude...S2000

what mods are done to your prelude?
Old 09-02-2005, 01:18 AM   #3
ryanisfast
AF Newbie

Re: Re: integra type R and my prelude...S2000

Intake is all. Im gonna swap the motor for the H22 when I turn 18, so I don't really wanna do any mods unless they can work on the H22 motor, which I know the intake can. I'm not sure about exhausts though.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:28 AM   #4
6dmnbag
AF Regular

I've raced several ls integras in my 92 lude and at around 110 I star to pull on them. I've raced a gsr and was able to keep up with it but once I hit 120 he started to lose ground and I barelly passed him. Any ways, I have a non vtec engine wich is why I was so supprised.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:07 PM   #5
nastyNater
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6dmnbag
I've raced several ls integras in my 92 lude and at around 110 I star to pull on them. I've raced a gsr and was able to keep up with it but once I hit 120 he started to lose ground and I barelly passed him. Any ways, I have a non vtec engine wich is why I was so supprised.
strange you can keep up w/ a gsr. is your car modded at all/ were theirs?
Old 09-04-2005, 12:57 PM   #6
ryanisfast
AF Newbie

Yeah, I think sometimes people just don't know how to drive their cars. For example yesterday, I was on I-5 and was racing a wrx. I'm pretty sure it was beacause it was the body style with the rectangle headlights and it had a hood scoop, so I know it wasn't the RS. Anyways, I was side by side with him just so slightly gaining on me. Then at about 120 he really started pullin far. So, I don't get it. Sometimes, cars I know are way faster, I seem to keep up until my car is pegged out pretty much. Although the guy in the wrx may have just stayed in fifth gear. I dropped to fourth because we started around 75mph.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:35 PM   #7
nastyNater
AF Enthusiast

well good racing then...WRX's lose some ground if you race them from a roll.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:02 PM   #8
ryanisfast
AF Newbie

my friend has a 2.5 rs and I killed him on a roll. But if we are at a stop, I won't catch up until about 55 to 60 mph.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!