Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 10:08 AM   #1
Burko39
AF Newbie

Talking 05 accord 6 spd vs. 03-04 mustang mach 1

Well first off let me say I am new to this forum, so I never posted a thread here. And about people bad mouthing street racing, look you odnt like it then dont comment keep it to yourself. personally i dont think any of us care if you do or you dont, we like it. anyway on to my story. i owned a 98 ss camaro before this, bone stock, wrecked it in an accident, so i went and bought a new accord 6 speed. well ever since then i havent dont much to it. I have raced many of mustangs but this one was funny. i left the dealership when i bought my car, and was driving with my friend, a stang pulled up, and i figured hey let me see what this thing has, we both went at it, first time close, next time from a rolling start, im pulling on him no problem, and never looked back, and i was not a veteran at driving stick, but had no problems. its funny because i see mustangs and kids all day long with these nice exhausts and thinking there fast, so i say you wanna go, they never have a problem with it, but i have not been beaten yet by one. i have since then added an exhaust, and a aem cai, but still have not lost, and i have raced some with short throw shifters, exhaust, headers. no offense to the american muscle car, but if a little 6 cylinder can smoke most stangs, somethings wrong here. i just get a kick out of seeing there faces after and saying, wow that cars quick, or copping out after and pulling down some side street to avoid me, at the next red light. ill post some more threads soon, every weekend i take my car out, its not a daily driver. laterz
Burko39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
Re: 05 accord 6 spd vs. 03-04 mustang mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burko39
Well first off let me say I am new to this forum, so I never posted a thread here. And about people bad mouthing street racing, look you odnt like it then dont comment keep it to yourself. personally i dont think any of us care if you do or you dont, we like it. anyway on to my story. i owned a 98 ss camaro before this, bone stock, wrecked it in an accident, so i went and bought a new accord 6 speed. well ever since then i havent dont much to it. I have raced many of mustangs but this one was funny. i left the dealership when i bought my car, and was driving with my friend, a stang pulled up, and i figured hey let me see what this thing has, we both went at it, first time close, next time from a rolling start, im pulling on him no problem, and never looked back, and i was not a veteran at driving stick, but had no problems. its funny because i see mustangs and kids all day long with these nice exhausts and thinking there fast, so i say you wanna go, they never have a problem with it, but i have not been beaten yet by one. i have since then added an exhaust, and a aem cai, but still have not lost, and i have raced some with short throw shifters, exhaust, headers. no offense to the american muscle car, but if a little 6 cylinder can smoke most stangs, somethings wrong here. i just get a kick out of seeing there faces after and saying, wow that cars quick, or copping out after and pulling down some side street to avoid me, at the next red light. ill post some more threads soon, every weekend i take my car out, its not a daily driver. laterz
lol......

Your probbly beating up on old non P/I mustangs don't get your hopes up. A mach 1 would hold you down shit on your chest while jerking a load on your face.

Try racing a REAL mach 1 or PI stang those new 05 3 vavles are quite quick stock. Your accord has some power but nothing to write home about
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
pre98zetec
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pre98zetec Send a message via MSN to pre98zetec Send a message via Yahoo to pre98zetec

real mach 1's run mid-low 13s

96' Integra GSR / ITR cams/valvetrain. Skunk2 IM, Greddy evo2, AEM CAI, RMF Header, Megan testpipe, Hasport mounts, Eibach coilovers, Beaks tie bar, Megan H brace, Rota Attacks, F/R strut bar, Kirk 6 point cage, Bride Cugas, Takata 4 Point, ITR Steering wheel
98' SVT Contour, 3L Port-Matched swap with SVT cams/full bolt ons; 224fwhp.
01' Chevy Blazer, DD.
pre98zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:44 PM   #4
Burko39
AF Newbie

think what you want

first off it was a real mach 1, and secondly i have raced 03 gt's before, never had a problem, raced an 03 gt with exhaust and a short throw shofter, still won by 1/2 car- 1 car. the guy who was driving the mach 1 was actually very impressed. so i know what i raced, it was a stock mach 1, and secondly my entire family practically works at ford, and for some reason none of them think this is impossible to do being that most of the horsepower in the mustangs is lost by the time it reaches the rear wheels anyway. dont hate on the hondas, and im a very big mustang fan, the only reason that i wont get one is because the resale value sucks on them. and we already have an 03 gt auto for my girlfriend. but regardless dont matter, been on the road with gts before, there slow.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:46 PM   #5
Burko39
AF Newbie

accord dyno times

oh yeah and take a look, stock honda accord v6 6 speeds, run 14.1s all day long wiht a good driver, so with a shitty driver in a mach 1 its possible.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:14 PM   #6
crv-tec
AF Enthusiast

Re: accord dyno times

Quote:
oh yeah and take a look, stock honda accord v6 6 speeds, run 14.1s all day long wiht a good driver, so with a shitty driver in a mach 1 its possible.

Prove it. And I want to see it from a reliable source and not "my friend ran it"...
Old 08-26-2005, 01:44 PM   #7
Shpyder
Moderate moderator

Re: Re: 05 accord 6 spd vs. 03-04 mustang mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
A mach 1 would hold you down shit on your chest while jerking a load on your face.

LMAO.

Considering both drivers had equal skill, and the car really was a Mach I, I dont think that any stock V6 Accord could keep up. It was probably a poser, or the kid in the seat didn't know how to shift... Stock V6 Accords are decently quick, but like snyper said, nothing to write home about.

It just surprises me that you have no concerns or queries every time you "beat" these Mustangs. If I were to take on a Saleen or a Cobra in my own car and "win" every time, I'd spend the entire week wondering if the other guy (a) missed a shift (b) was an auto (c) wasnt racing. 99% of the time, if it seems like its too good to be true, save yourself the embarassment and make a mental note "it is to good to be true".

The daily driver. The weekend cruiser. The lazy shop hog.
Shpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:51 PM   #8
nastyNater
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nastyNater
HAAAAAAAA.
My little brother's spoiled friend got his dad to buy him one for his 16th. That thing is sooo quick in every aspect : from the dig, in the turns, you name it the Mach 1 has got the Accord on lock. My mom has an 04 Accord V6 auto and that thing hauls....but my GSR would rape it.

So anyway, my brothers friend lets me drive this thing one day when we are riding back from the beach. what an idiot. i immeadiately took it to redline in the first three gears and then start sliding through corners on this country road. That car handles better thatn any mustang ive ever known. I personally think that it would beat my integra ...DEF off the line. The kid that let me drive his car wanted to see how fast my car was and i showed him. He said he thought the GSR was faster. but i dont know.....

SO your V6 pulled on a ram air v8 mustang from the dig??? yah maybe w/ another $2000 into the motor.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:51 PM   #9
nastyNater
AF Enthusiast

HAAAAAAAA.
My little brother's spoiled friend got his dad to buy him one for his 16th. That thing is sooo quick in every aspect : from the dig, in the turns, you name it the Mach 1 has got the Accord on lock. My mom has an 04 Accord V6 auto and that thing hauls....but my GSR would rape it.

So anyway, my brothers friend lets me drive this thing one day when we are riding back from the beach. what an idiot. i immeadiately took it to redline in the first three gears and then start sliding through corners on this country road. That car handles better than any mustang ive ever known. I personally think that it would beat my integra ...DEF off the line. The kid that let me drive his car wanted to see how fast my car was and i showed him. He said he thought the GSR was faster. but i dont know.....

SO your V6 pulled on a ram air v8 mustang from the dig??? yah maybe w/ another $2000 into the motor.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:23 PM   #10
Burko39
AF Newbie

Thumbs up i will post dynos

i will post dynos when i get home from work. not a problem.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:13 PM   #11
noevosplease
Banned

Re: i will post dynos

Quote:
i will post dynos when i get home from work. not a problem.
That was almost a week ago. No dynos. BS. A mach 1 would have raped you so hard.
noevosplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:00 PM   #12
nastyNater
AF Enthusiast

nah man i dynoed my accord and that thing has got what it takes to rape any ram air 8 out there
Old 08-31-2005, 01:05 PM   #13
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper

but nothing can beat a honda!!!!

gtfo man really.
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:28 PM   #14
rowitha
AF Enthusiast

my dad is a honda tech...he drives every honda out there everyday he works on new ones...and he was telling me he thinks the new accord could beat an s2000 in a straight run...he said it pulls and pulls and pulls and i told him he was crazy...but why would he lie about something like that he hates cars...he thinks its one of the fastest cars honda has ever made if not the fastest
rowitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 11:50 AM   #15
nastyNater
AF Enthusiast

they have a lot of power....still only 240 hp in a car that weighs 3200lbs. S2000 has better gearing, RWD, and the same amount of power in a lighter car. And what kind of race are you talking about? WOW....s2000 would totally rape the Accord in some turns. You are comparing a grocery getter to a roadster.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!