Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 12:06 AM   #1
panozracer
AF Newbie

"Luke" I have a specific question for you.

I have an '89 7mge (Supra) 5 lug. The only modifications of any concern would be the tokico gas shocks and suspension techniques lowering springs, I am not sure of the exact distance lowered but the center of the stock rim sits at the center of the wheel well. I wanted some lightweight (As light as possible) rims that would be 18's with 35 sidewall about. The rims would have to be farely wide because I am counting on getting a wide body kit (2-3" wider) otherwise I would not have this question. So far I know I can put atleast 9"s on the back and maybe 7.5" or 8"s on the front but after the wide body kit that would all change. I originally wanted volk te37's but I don't know if they make rims in 12"s width rear in deep dish style and maybe 10"s width front. I am not worried about style much, I just want some that look like the rims on the touring cars of any race. I am looking for ones that would be te37's or look maybe the same as long as they are light. Where could I find rims to fit this bill on a modest budget, my budget would increase depending on if you have a perfect match for my description. If you want more details then ask in your reply.

Thanx,
Robert
Old 02-11-2002, 05:04 PM   #2
Luke@tirerack
AF Enthusiast

Since I do not have the exact specifications for what you are attempting to do it is very hard to suggest a good fit for your Supra. If you can supply exact specs as far as backspacing offset wheel width and diameter I will be happy to help. The specs and measurements most be very exact. This type of problem is very common with custom body kits and modifications like you are talking about. An 8" wheel easily fits your car without any mods so, we need to establish a baseline to work from.

Luke

Objects in the mirror appear ... to be losing !!!
Luke@tirerack is offline   Reply With Quote