Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #16
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
Re: The definitive 16R thread

Welcome to the forum Mr 16R. We are a dedicated and enthusiastic group - thanks for the kind words.

I'm afraid I can't help any further than Greg already has with your quest for Bigazzi transporter content. Very few people seem to have turned their cameras in that direction for any of the transporters or bothered to share the photos if they did.

I must say that I'm quite pleased with your intentions to use the car in a similar fashion as Andy has been. Making the trip to LeMans in a car that actually raced there must have been a really special moment - and a hot and noisey one as well.

Looking forward to all your future contributions.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #17
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25

One more thing, just so we are clear here.

If someone does manage to track down the transporter, they get a very long passenger ride in the GTR, right? Not the transporter?

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #18
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Thank you so much for contributing! I love 016R and have seen it numerous times. You picked up a stunning car. Enjoy her in good health!
mini magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #19
carbuilder2002
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to carbuilder2002

Mr 16R do you have the old windscreen or did Mclaren keep it? If you have it, what would you take for it?
carbuilder2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #20
PatrickT82
AF Enthusiast

amazing!

I envy you 16R ;-)

Hopefully I'll see you one day at a meeting or car event?

Where are you located, me in The Netherlands and I travel whole Europe to see F1's :-)
PatrickT82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #21
Le Man
AF Enthusiast

Hi 16R,

I,ll add this pic of your GTR, showing a small portion of the Bigazzi trailer parked in the LeMans paddock.

Or if size is a problem, this one might solve the issue.

BTW I,m still AWOL (I,ll be back on the forum soon, time permitting)
Le Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Le Man For This Useful Post:
astonmartindbs001 (08-23-2012)
Old 12-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #22
16R
AF Newbie

i didnt know that 5R was coming up and in any event i wanted a car that i could use on the road. I have the original roll cage but will not put it in the car at the moment because it would just reduce its usability. The M700BHP plate was not mine, it came on the car and we have now transferred it back to the former owner. Its now just on a normal age related plate.
16R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:26 AM   #23
16R
AF Newbie

thanks for the trailer photos btw. I dont have the old windscreen it was retained by Mclaren. It was a good year to take the car to Le mans because it wasnt the hottest year on record but even so when stationary in traffic the fans kick in and push all that hot air through the car. Hence the number of photos of the car in traffic with the doors up. As noted elsewhere we were melting in there, but people get so much pleasure from taking the car there its hard to imagine ever going in anything else.

Interestingly the first time i actually saw a F1 myself was in the parking area by the main entrance to Le Mans. I remember my friends and i watching it drive away from us and thinking how great it was that someone would bring such a fantastic car and then park it in a field. 16R doesnt have the ground clearance to drive across a field...but apart from that we took it everywhere we could at Le Mans always to an amazing reception.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #24
astonmartindbs001
Aeolus DawnWalker

Hi 16R, I have a couple of questions for you. Firstly, has #016R's GTR-spec engine been de-restricted as part of the road conversion, and have the ECU fuelling and ignition curves been optimized to take advantage of this de-restriction? And if so, how much power and torque is your car currently producing, and has its' performance been measured against the stopwatch yet? Any plans to take it to a race track and see what it can do?

Also any photos of #016R that you'd be willing to share from your wonderful trip to Le Mans? They will be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations once again on your acquisition of such a fine example of the F1 GTR breed, and thanks for sharing your experiences with it with everyone here. Do continue to enjoy her in good health.

Best.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/Peloton25/General%20Web%20Photos/signature_alex4.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/AlexAeolusDawnWalker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37024121@N06/
astonmartindbs001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #25
cabrio92
www.McLF1.com

Send a message via MSN to cabrio92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16R View Post
thanks for the trailer photos btw. I dont have the old windscreen it was retained by Mclaren. It was a good year to take the car to Le mans because it wasnt the hottest year on record but even so when stationary in traffic the fans kick in and push all that hot air through the car. Hence the number of photos of the car in traffic with the doors up. As noted elsewhere we were melting in there, but people get so much pleasure from taking the car there its hard to imagine ever going in anything else.

Interestingly the first time i actually saw a F1 myself was in the parking area by the main entrance to Le Mans. I remember my friends and i watching it drive away from us and thinking how great it was that someone would bring such a fantastic car and then park it in a field. 16R doesnt have the ground clearance to drive across a field...but apart from that we took it everywhere we could at Le Mans always to an amazing reception.
I totally agree. When I saw the door opened 100meters from me, I run and talk to you. It was surrealistic and a great moment. some bastards laugh when the engine stopped, but main people was enthusiastic.

Will you come next year ? and when will you have your car back from the factory ?

Phil
Old 12-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #26
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Sami Aaltonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16R View Post
i didnt know that 5R was coming up and in any event i wanted a car that i could use on the road. I have the original roll cage but will not put it in the car at the moment because it would just reduce its usability. The M700BHP plate was not mine, it came on the car and we have now transferred it back to the former owner. Its now just on a normal age related plate.
OK! Thank you very for the details of this subject!

Now when you have spend time with #16R this summer; what are your thoughts about driving of the car? There is no brake, steering and clutch? assitants so what kind of car is it to be driven normal tracfic?
Is is tuff work or what kind of experience that is?
What thoughts you have about it?

I think I'm not the only one who is interested to know this, your feelings and experiences about driving it, on the road and race track.

----
Kuvat.fi -McLaren F1 GTR and many others!

Sami Aaltonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #27
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Sami Aaltonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrio92 View Post
I totally agree. When I saw the door opened 100meters from me, I run and talk to you. It was surrealistic and a great moment.

Phil
Familar feeling in 1996 in Helsinki.
Me too, I didn't believed what I saw there on the Motor Show. Man...still remember that feeling.!

----
Kuvat.fi -McLaren F1 GTR and many others!

Sami Aaltonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #28
16R
AF Newbie

Thoughts on driving the car....it is as younwould expect raw intense and awesome. The car is hyper fast even by comparison to other great cars I have been fortunate enough to own...when you press the loud pedal it's like one of those scenes where a spaceship hits warpdrive everything just telescopes...

I really like cars that are analogue so this is up there with my f50 for driving feel but again performance at a whole other level.

Looks like I may get the car back by christmas so here is hoping the roads dry out...
Old 12-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #29
carbuilder2002
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to carbuilder2002

Would recomend waiting until all of the salt has been washed away.
carbuilder2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #30
cabrio92
www.McLF1.com

Send a message via MSN to cabrio92

Hello,

16R > are you the guy who came often with a red F50 parked on the same parking you did this year ?

Phil