Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 08:13 PM   #1
mtdxx
AF Regular

Seat replacement

I recently bought an 08 Saturn Aura. I love the car, but the seats aren't to my liking. I'd like to install something a little more stiffer/firmer like what I had in my Mitsubishi. Does anyone have any experience with this? How involved would it be to get a used seat from a different car and install it? Would I have a better chance of getting something that may bolt right in if I find another GM seat?
mtdxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 06:50 AM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: Seat replacement

The Aura is based off an Opel, so I'm not sure you'll find another US-based GM with seats that would just bolt in. You might be able to find a universal bracket for use with aftermarket performance seats, but I'm not sure those would be to your liking either.

Another option might be to find an automotive upholsterer in your area and ask them about rebuilding your seats with a firmer foam pad.

So your stock seats have airbags in them? If so, swapping out the seats is probably not an option without disabling the SRS system.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical