Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 02:04 AM   #1
moocowman
AF Newbie

Does my 2004 Rover have DSP?

I have an 04 RR HSE (not Sport). How do I know if I have DSP? The tags on the speaker grilles read "Harmon Kardon". There's a module in the trunk labeled "Harmon Kardon Logic 7". Some Googling brought up people who said all RR's with H/K Logic 7 have DSP. Some say it doesn't necessarily mean you have DSP because DSP was an additional option. I read some posts that say if you have DSP, it will say it on the display. I don't see "DSP" anywhere on the display. I called the dealer with my VIN. I couldn't believe neither the parts manager nor a tech he asked even knew what DSP was. I've asked people in the forums on rangerovers.net, but they're a bunch of cyber snobs who use the forum as a pretend world where they're members of some elite clan.
moocowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #2
JimmyHelu
Banned

Re: Does my 2004 Rover have DSP?

I think i will just update the DVD Nav to the "MK4 DVD SAT NAV E46 RANGEROVER ROVER" as shown on ebay. Its about £350 - Would you recommend this approach ? Dont really want to spend £3000 on a pioneer system...
JimmyHelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
moocowman
AF Newbie

Re: Does my 2004 Rover have DSP?

Yes, I think that is the best approach of you're looking for better nav and the possibility of adding things like back-up cam or DVD video to your display.

But if you're looking to improve sound quality, it will do nothing for you. If found out that mine does NOT have DSP. I checked out the menus in my brother's BMX X5 and I can see where the DSP menu is supposed to be. So, I figured out how to wire in an input-level passive equalizer. The sound is much better. Then I added a Gromm audio unit to play mp3's from a USB drive. It works okay. It has errors occasionally (just turn radio off and on) and organizes files in some random order (just add numbers in front of the file names to organize.)
moocowman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque