Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 05:27 AM   #1
joeylea
AF Newbie

94 pathy Fan Clutch? No Spin? And other things that are fixed!

I have a 94 manual tran pathy with 149,604 mi.... got her smogged today- all good passed with flying colors... however, during the smog as the engine revd to 2500 I couldnt help but cringe as she whined and squeeled.... asked my mechanic why - (whom I trust only cuz he owns a 98 pathy that he adores) he told me my thermal fan clutch was going bad and showed me how his fan spinned when the car was off and mine didnt he explained something like it would run cooler when cold or something like that.... anyone have any similar situations??? What about changing the A/C Compressor Control Relay.... would help I wonder?? And where would that relay be located at????
Oh and just to add a couple months ago I was expericening that high squeeling noise ALL the time.... when I started the truck, as I drove it and shifted and it only got worse as the car got hot very embarrassing.... had my mechanic look at it and he tighted the Alternator belt and its nice and quite now. thank god!
Now the clutch fan?? Damn it always seems like something.... before all this i had that no start starter clicking problem... changed starter, battery all that still didnt solve the problem, finally and its been almost a year now in August- its been a perfect start up every single time... my mechanic ran some kind of boost line from the starter sylonoid up to the interlock relay to give it extra amp power and its been perfect perfect perfect... I should take a picture of what he did cuz it was so simple and it sounds like so many other people have that same problem and cant figure out why.
Anyway... thoughts on the fan? Probably gotta just do it hu??? He told me it would be about $200 bucks to replace- however when I looked up the fan clutch on Auto Zone the part was $57.00 - is it a lot of labor work????
Thanks!

My 94 XE-V6 Pathfinder
joeylea is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail