Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Crown Victoria
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
ineedacar21
AF Newbie

Should i get a Interceptor?

hey i was wondering what yalls thoughts were on getting a interceptor. I wrecked my last car and had to scrap it. i have a budget of 2000-3000. I figured it would be better maintained then a retail car at that budget. I know they are driven hard but i figured at least it will run. If anyone could help me decide whether or not this is a good idea it would be greatly appreciated.
ineedacar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
copcap96
AF Newbie

Re: Should i get a Interceptor?

I just bought a 2007 with 176,000KMS for 2300, and had to put 300 in to safety it. For 2600 there would have been no better car I could have bought. It is in great shape, no rust and runs great, the only remaining thing I have left to do is get the timing chain guides and tensioners changed (they make a bit of a rattling noise, but this seems to be very common on the Ford 4.6 engine in everything from the trucks to the mustangs).

This is my third police car, and they are great if you know what you are looking for, first was a 1991 Crown Victoria, then a 1993 Caprice 9C1, now the 2007 Interceptor. All were great cars.

Today was the first snow fall of the season too, they are great fun in the snow.
copcap96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
Wizzly 01 CV PI
AF Newbie

Re: Should i get a Interceptor?

I bought my 01 in early 2013 for $1600, the only problem I have had was a pin hole leak in the power steering hose. It has been a great car so far. We get a lot of snow here in Missouri and it does very well even in 6-8 inches. But like any car you need to really look around and find the best deal. Keeping in mind to put it through a rigorous test drive for about a half hour or more to make sure there are no BIG surprises off the bat. Keep in mind you may have to look for a center console being most are taken out before being sold.
Wizzly 01 CV PI is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
crown , interceptor , victoria
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Crown Victoria