Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #46
roann12
AF Newbie

Re: Honda Accord starting Problem

I,m having same problem with 91 Honda not started, will have main relay looked at . Could not get the link from adrenalin26 on the relays. help is there any why I can get the codes on my car? I am a newbee sorry if I asked in the wrong forum. Thank You roann12
roann12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #47
leah2255
Banned

I have the same problem in my 98 Accord V6 Vtec. Maybe i should check my fuel pump. Thank you guys. Recently i'm thinking about buying a new Accord 2009. haha.

PS: My site: www.ifsneaker.com
leah2255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:48 AM   #48
Scraped Knuckles
AF Newbie

Check out this site for Honda/Acura starting problems. http://techauto.tripod.com/
Scraped Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #49
bobhoward
AF Newbie

My 2003 Honda Accord would not start. Starter motor would run, but starter would not engage fly wheel. Installed new starter, and had removed starter checked at auto supply store. Starter ran but bendix would not move, confirming bad starter. Bought another starter and installed. Starter spins and sounds as if bendix gear is not engaging flywheel. Some times it does engage, and engine starts and runs normal. I suspect I have another bad starter. All voltage checks are normal at battery and starter. Any other suggestions on a cause for this type of problem? appreciate any comments
bobhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #50
razr_88
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to razr_88

I have an 89' accord LX with the carberated motor. She always starts up, but the idle becomes uncontrollable as it will idle in excess of 2500rpms and occassionally all the way up to 4000rpm. Once the motor warms up however it calms down and idles normally(or normally for my car since it has worn rings). Any ideas before i start throwing parts at it? I was thinking something with the autochoke but it could be egr or whatever i just don't know what to look for first

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhoward View Post
My 2003 Honda Accord would not start. Starter motor would run, but starter would not engage fly wheel. Installed new starter, and had removed starter checked at auto supply store. Starter ran but bendix would not move, confirming bad starter. Bought another starter and installed. Starter spins and sounds as if bendix gear is not engaging flywheel. Some times it does engage, and engine starts and runs normal. I suspect I have another bad starter. All voltage checks are normal at battery and starter. Any other suggestions on a cause for this type of problem? appreciate any comments
as for you mr. bobhoward... once the starter motor has been engaged the starter bendix senses the armature momentum and is forced to extend into the flywheel, so odds are the bendix is sticking. worst case scenario your flywheel is missing a couple of teeth (probably not) but i'd check anyways really quick if you have the starter off anyways.

Last edited by razr_88; 02-01-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: answer bobhowards question
razr_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #51
SunnySarah
AF Newbie

Today is the first day my 2000 Accord coupe has done this. I ran errands & left it outside for about 20-30 minutes & when I came back, it wouldn't start. It would turn over & my radio would play, but it wouldn't start. After a little time, I was able to start it & rev the engine to keep it running. Then I let off the gas & it died. Again, I waited some more time & did the same thing & it eventually stayed running. I drove around a bit, turned it off & started it again & it worked fine. However, my check engine light never came on so the shop can't run a code on it. They actually won't even look at it now because they said that the problem had to be "consistent." What can I do? This is a major inconvenience.
SunnySarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #52
JeremyEvans24
AF Newbie

What could poosibly be killing my car battery? One guy told me that I may need to trace the hot wire from battery to alt.? WTF? Also where could I be getting a constant draw from? Thank JE24 out!
JeremyEvans24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:02 PM   #53
ladagosta
AF Regular

99 Accord LX 4 cyl...119,000 miles.. maintained up to this last tune up warranty no longer in effect so will be doing my own maintainance from here in since they will not repair anything for free...
after a tune up at dealership in May this year.. within 100 miles the car would start and die out.. Also after driving a short distance the car would loose power and then resume not completely stalling but with time it began to completely stall out only on short trips.... how does the car know that I only plan to go to the local store and return home?? it won't do this when i plan on a 2 or 3 hour trip??

I know there are known issues with deposits in the valves on this car which mechanics can bore out or you can buy the better injector cleaner stuff like tune up in a bottle (6.00) if you don't want to pay a mechanic to remove the deposits.. (didnt help me yet)

to explain why this is a problem the deposits build up and when you try to start the car the little bit of fuel being sent is absorb by the deposits.. so it takes a couple most likely 3 tries before it will finally start.. as if the car finally got enough gas to start..
sort of like primeing a push mower push the primer ball 3 X's before pulling the cord,.,

My car is symptomatic of this starting and stalling while driving issue.. now the problem is that I have replaced the recall on the ignition switch so that isn't the problem.

i have also replaced the main fuel relay.. so that shouldn't be the problem; although they did not carry an OEM relay so I dealt with buying the generic brand. probably a big mistake cause now I am thinking on getting the OEM and trying that.. or possibly resoldering the old one i removed..the car was fine for 2 weeks and now back to the starting / stalling issue.. the next thing I may replace would be the coil but hard to beleive that it would cause a stalling problem ,,that would limit to the starting issue not both.. so

I am now again leaning towards it being fuel related rather than the electrical issue.. so I would replace the fuel filter .. that is if this car had a fuel filter but it does not... but.,, I know my 01 civic had the fuel pump assembly just bust to pieces inside the tank that just left the car unstartable until replaced,, but bit the dust at the end of a very long trip.. so it may be that the fuel pump assembly is ready to go to pieces as did the civic's..

I am going to research the board for more on this and I will ..(not like some others who never do) return to the board and let you know the final conclusion on this episode.. not that it will be the answer to yours... but who knows for real...this really should not be such a common issue on a car... GOES to PROVE ONE ThING.. THEY DO NOT MAKE THEM LIKE THEY USED TO... plain and simple and long lasting.. today they are disposable...tisk tisk..
ladagosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #54
xfqsdf
AF Newbie

Our company specializes in producing starter, solenoid switch.
http://user.qzone.qq.com/544866632/infocenter
xfqsdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #55
gakman22
AF Newbie

hi all.. my 94 Honda accord lx is having trouble starting in the morning. the car is fine all day but its stubborn in the morning. its the initial start that im concern about. any comments are greatly appropriated!!
gakman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:07 PM   #56
akmcul
AF Newbie

I have an 88 Honda Accord that i recently replace the fuel pump and main fuel pump relay. i drove it to work and back then my wife drove it the next day to work when she got off it wouldnt start. I had the battery tested and they said it was bad i replaced it and it still wont start it wont even try to turn over at all.
akmcul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #57
akmcul
AF Newbie

I got my accord running and i changed the spark plugs and now it is making a rattling noice i got the spark plugs as far in a i could get them.
akmcul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #58
Dimension_X
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Dimension_X Send a message via MSN to Dimension_X Send a message via Yahoo to Dimension_X

I had this same issue, and then my engine light came on luckily I have a diagnostic computer and I got about 6 different codes, one being the EGR valve as well as mis-fires across all cylinders. So I replaced the EGR valve and all the plugs, they were terribly corroded. So no its running great, no stall outs, only.....now I get a P0401 code. Ill be making a post about that....but I suggest new plugs and EGR valve.
Dimension_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #59
schwenn001
AF Newbie

My 2000 honda accord v6 wont start. It feels like its cranking over just wont go anywhere from there. It has done this to me in the past a couple of times but after letting it sit there for a bit it started back up. The weather hasn't been an issue on the times it wanted to start or not start. I know a oil change is due and
the EGR valve needs to be cleaned/replaced but could those things make my car from not starting? When i put the key in the car and turn it to the II, the Maintenance required light comes on and the light for the key just keeps blinking. Just wanted to see if there might be a simple fix to this before i take it in to a repair shop.
schwenn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:37 AM   #60
ladagosta
AF Regular

this thread is rather long .. but if no one mentioned an ignition switch being a cause.. this is a known issue with 1995-2000 accords. my mothers 99 accord has had 2 replaced.. symptoms are stutters and stalling at low ranges and braking also poor gas MPG. will most often restart but in time it will eventually not. replacing the ignition switch resolves the issue. just thought i would add this as it resolved her issues without much time and effort to replace the switch..a little tricky to get at but no major ordeal.. if i can do it anyone should be able to do it.. cheaper than having Honda do it for what they will charge and no one we took it to could figure out what the problem was she paid over 400.00 for her service center to go over the car and could not figure out what was causing the problem.. less than 30 minutes to remove and replace and hasn't had a problem since but figure about 50,000 - 75,000 miles and replace as the problem does repeat in time..
ladagosta is offline   Reply With Quote