Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #211
PatrickT82
AF Enthusiast

Re: The McLaren F1 Owner's Club

Erik: money is well spent on that Nikon!

Although I swear with Canon; I recently bought a new EOS 60D
+ batterygrip and extra battery and a microphone for filming. That also set me back 1000+ euros

And about the dedication of McLaren: that indeed is amazing!

Did I told you that in F1 I have always been for Ferrari, weird aint it
PatrickT82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #212
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Sami Aaltonen

Damn that #12R looks good. I have to admit, I'm very suprised to see it after all these years a full GULF BPR 1996 GT Championship livery.
How long time it had that allmoust full livery? Allmoust all those years when it came to street legal I quess?
So very very very very nice indeed to see it looking this way in 2012. And that race number is the best thing.!

ERIK:
I have allways wondered do the owners know every single detail of these GTR's, meaning racing history and drivers and so on?
If owning one, I think it's not by an accident to end up to owning street legal GTR today, so did you discussed how much about race history midle of the 90's?

And what comes your shots, good ones. Nothing to complain. Keep this kind of level in quality, everything is OK!
Photograffing is quite same than driving a car, never learn too well to do it!

May I still give you these tips:
- follow the automatic light meter, keep it a bit under exprore or even, but not too much over, exept when the light conditions are wery dark and bad.
- shutter time over 200, or higher to get the movement stop enough.
- F number around 8 or 9 should do enough sharpnes.
- of course there is plenty of possibilities and so on, but basics are there.

----
Kuvat.fi -McLaren F1 GTR and many others!

Sami Aaltonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #213
Sparco_bro
AF Newbie

Amazing pictures! One of the best topics ever
Sparco_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sparco_bro For This Useful Post:
Peloton25 (06-06-2012)
Old 06-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #214
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickT82 View Post
Erik: money is well spent on that Nikon!
I feel that way too - given how much use I got out of my last camera it was the same. I may not wait so long to upgrade next time though.

Quote:
Although I swear with Canon; I recently bought a new EOS 60D
+ batterygrip and extra battery and a microphone for filming. That also set me back 1000+ euros
I looked at the Rebel T3i quite a bit (your 600D I think) and while it felt better in my hand and the controls were a bit more intuitive I kept going back to the fact that the image quality of the Nikon was rated far superior since the D5100 has the same sensor as the upper level D7000. It seemed the areas where most people felt the Canon excelled were in the video area and I don't really plan to use the camera for much of that at all.

Quote:
Did I told you that in F1 I have always been for Ferrari, weird aint it
I think it is because we grew up in the Schumacher era, as I used to feel the same way. When it came to Sports Cars though Ferrari was nearly non-existant (the F40s were never very reliable) so the passion for McLaren was really quite strong there. As I have grown to love the F1 I have also had a change of heart in Formula One - helped by the fact that the current Ferrari F1 team is a shallow shell of the one I used to root for. Alonso has talent for sure but I certainly do not like him. Massa needs to retire ...like last year.

The current driver lineup at McLaren is my favorite pairing in quite a long time I was so glad when Ron signed Jenson and I hope they get their act together this season. I took my orange McLaren team shirt with me to Italy hoping to be able to wear it on Monday after their Monaco victory, but no such luck.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #215
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami Aaltonen View Post
ERIK:
I have allways wondered do the owners know every single detail of these GTR's, meaning racing history and drivers and so on?
If owning one, I think it's not by an accident to end up to owning street legal GTR today, so did you discussed how much about race history midle of the 90's?
I didn't spend a great amount of time talking to any of the owners. This was their vacation and I was eager to let them enjoy their time, not pester anyone about their cars. That said, this group of owners who attended the Anniversary event clearly ranks as some of the most passionate McLaren enthusiasts there ever were. It would not surprise me if quite a few of them know the history - at least the highlights - of their own cars. One GTR owner in particular strikes me as the type to know a considerable amount about his own collection and all others. I hope he accepts my invitation to rejoin our discussions when he has some free time but I suspect there isn't much of that in his world.

Thanks for the photo tips - it is not so bad that I am in need of a 'Photography for Dummies' book or anything, but it never hurts to hear what others are doing. Most of my problems at this point are unfamiliarity with the menus and not knowing the full potential of some of the camera's features. I was also used to a digital viewfinder so until I become totally comfortable with this new camera I will be making good use of the 'Live View' function.

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 06-06-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #216
PatrickT82
AF Enthusiast

yeah well I'm still for Ferrari but yes Jenson and Lewis are great drivers! I agree on Massa though:-s

And its a 60D, a step on a 600D

Nonetheless it also makes great pics and movies; still keep on learning!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #217
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickT82 View Post
And its a 60D, a step on a 600D
Sorry - didn't mean "your 600D" as in the one you bought, but I believe the Rebel T3i we get here in the States is sold as the 600D in Europe and other markets.

>8^)
ER
Old 06-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #218
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Sami Aaltonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
I didn't spend a great amount of time talking to any of the owners. This was their vacation and I was eager to let them enjoy their time, not pester anyone about their cars. That said, this group of owners who attended the Anniversary event clearly ranks as some of the most passionate McLaren enthusiasts there ever were. It would not surprise me if quite a few of them know the history - at least the highlights - of their own cars. One GTR owner in particular strikes me as the type to know a considerable amount about his own collection and all others. I hope he accepts my invitation to rejoin our discussions when he has some free time but I suspect there isn't much of that in his world.

Thanks for the photo tips - it is not so bad that I am in need of a 'Photography for Dummies' book or anything, but I it never hurts to hear what others are doing. Most of my problems at this point are unfamiliarity with the menus and not knowing the full potential of some of the camera's features. I was also used to a digital viewfinder so until I become totally comfortable with this new camera I will be making good use of the 'Live View' function.

>8^)
ER
OK, thanks for giving me this information. Hope he enjoys this forum, it would be very nice. And it seems to be like I thought, not by an accident owning GTR McLaren.

Yes, photograffing is every time learning. Every single time when you go and take photos. And I want to say this; do not ever compare to your self any else. Just do your own job and focus on that. The camera and objektive what you have bought; is good basic set which defenitely is enough your skils and needs.

I know Erik there is plenty of people, who spends thousands of €'s to camera and objektive's and still don't get any better images than you have been taken in Italy. It need skils and only taking photograffs you will learn to know your camera and objektive's setups in every different light conditions. Only by doing and taking shots you will learn and quick.
Every tip what you get is imporant, but you must do try our self and see the results, change things and try again. That's all it is.

I remember when I started, asked every time from my friend "what I should do, which setups". He allways told me, "try your self and learn". Then started to came the days on the airport when I was alone. Just had to make my own decisions and of course lots of disapointmens but those gaved skils. That is photograffing.

So do not be worried, after couple of months you will be saying "why I didn't reliased this before" and images are good and you know what to do different places.
So don't worry, I'm sure you get it right soon!

----
Kuvat.fi -McLaren F1 GTR and many others!

Sami Aaltonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #219
PatrickT82
AF Enthusiast

well when we are into photography now: I dedicated a Flickr page to the Nürburgring Nordschleife and posted my best pics in it:

check it out:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nordschleifepics/
Old 06-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #220
BMW.WilliamsF1Team
AF Enthusiast

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and photos! It's great to see that many F1s together and not with huge crowds lingering (better for the drivers and for those of us that want to see only cars in a photo).

Erik, how many F1s have you seen in person? The number seems exponential!

P.S. Thanks for the pics of 18R. I love FINA-liveried F1s. Maybe one day I'll buy 16R and paint it back.
BMW.WilliamsF1Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #221
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

I was at 14 total after seeing #028 in San Francisco last November.

I saw #007 at Villa d'Este on Friday, May 25th then saw #18R on Sunday the 27th.

Monday evening I added 16 more to my tally (had already seen XP4 and #067) for a total of 32 cars now.

I should be able to add more photos here this evening.

>8^)
ER
Old 06-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #222
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

These are from the lunch stop on day 1 where quiqui took that masterful photo.

Many more to follow of course.

>8^)
ER
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Peloton25 For This Useful Post:
arjan916 (06-09-2012), bucciali (06-08-2012), hurstg01 (06-08-2012), Le Man (06-15-2012), MrYoung (06-08-2012), PatrickT82 (06-08-2012), roger_ph (06-08-2012), Sami Aaltonen (06-08-2012), teflon (06-08-2012), volvoman (06-12-2012)
Old 06-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #223
bucciali
AF Regular

Quote:
These are from the lunch stop on day 1 where quiqui took that masterful photo.
Hubba Hubba! Thanks mate, great shots!
bucciali is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bucciali For This Useful Post:
Peloton25 (06-08-2012)
Old 06-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #224
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

Thanked 1,498 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:

>8^)
ER
Loving these - thanks for the interior of #05R, #07R and #072
Peloton25 (06-08-2012)
Old 06-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #225
mtbscott
AF Newbie

So Erik, is the new owner of #072 the type likely to actually drive it? If so, when should I start looking for it?
mtbscott is offline   Reply With Quote