Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
ilovegreen
AF Newbie

Angry Was I ripped by this dealer??

Hello,

I have purchase a 2011 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SR Automatic for a total price of $34230.

Following packages ad accessories are included in this vehicle:

1. Premium Package
2. Leather Package
3. Technology Package
4. Aluminum kick plates, carpeted mats and deck lid spoiler.
5. Dealer Service and Gap insurance.

The dealer gave me a 0% interest loan for a period of 60 months and after paying $1000 as down payment, my payments are $554.11 per month

Please let me know if I was ripped by the dealer or not on this deal.

Any response is highly appreciated.

Green
ilovegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
ilovegreen
AF Newbie

Re: Was I ripped by this dealer??

Hello All,

can someone please explain if this was a good/bad deal....here is a breakdown of the total cost

My car cost me $33553 (Cash price including TTL) + $431.87 Gap insurance + $450 dealer maintainance + $312.01 (additional charges such as documentary fees, dealer inventory tax etc...) = $34746.88

I have paid $1000.28 as down payment and the dealership only gave me a $500 recent college graduate discount.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
r3dsoxmatt
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegreen View Post
Hello All,

can someone please explain if this was a good/bad deal....here is a breakdown of the total cost

My car cost me $33553 (Cash price including TTL) + $431.87 Gap insurance + $450 dealer maintainance + $312.01 (additional charges such as documentary fees, dealer inventory tax etc...) = $34746.88

I have paid $1000.28 as down payment and the dealership only gave me a $500 recent college graduate discount.
Hey Green.

Couple questions.

You said you got 0% financing from the dealer. So you gave up the factory rebate, but got the college grad $500. Right?

Whats the tax in Dallas? Whats the dealer maintenance?

This Edmunds breakdown has it at about $29,800 as "fair market value" in Dallas before TTL. That includes that factory rebate as well.

http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/altima...ip=75201#step1
r3dsoxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
ilovegreen
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dsoxmatt View Post
Hey Green.

Couple questions.

You said you got 0% financing from the dealer. So you gave up the factory rebate, but got the college grad $500. Right?

Whats the tax in Dallas? Whats the dealer maintenance?

This Edmunds breakdown has it at about $29,800 as "fair market value" in Dallas before TTL. That includes that factory rebate as well.

http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/altima...ip=75201#step1
Hey r3dsoxmatt,

The dealer maintainance package is basically the oil-change and car service option that I purchased from the dealer itself.

The sales tax in Dallas is @6.25% of the total retail price of the vehicle. I did not give any trade-in but gave a total of $1000 as down payment upfront.

My monthly installments are now $554.11 per month for a total of 60 months and yes this is a 0% interest loan. Note that the car has bluetooth connectivity and enhanced security package.

I was not happy with the deal because the dealer did not have the car at their location and told me that the car is with another sister dealership in Dallas.

So she started to negotiate on the price first and then when I agreed to a certain amount ($540 per month), I was shown the car and we drove back to the original dealer location. The dealer after doing a credit check had initially returned with $650 per month payment and I said no to this. (The second option was $540 per month)

I thought I could not negotiate more as I had agreed on the payments even before seeing the vehicle. So basically, the dealer did not give me various options (such as 0% financing or $1500 factory rebate) and straight away made me to agree with the payments and presented the 0% interest rate.

I was then convinced to buy the Gap insurance and maintainance package and this increased the payments to $554.11 per month.

Last edited by ilovegreen; 09-10-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
r3dsoxmatt
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegreen View Post
Hey r3dsoxmatt,

The dealer maintainance package is basically the oil-change and car service option that I purchased from the dealer itself.

The sales tax in Dallas is @6.25% of the total retail price of the vehicle. I did not give any trade-in but gave a total of $1000 as down payment upfront.

My monthly installments are now $554.11 per month for a total of 60 months and yes this is a 0% interest loan. Note that the car has bluetooth connectivity and enhanced security package.

I was not happy with the deal because the dealer did not have the car at their location and told me that the car is with another sister dealership in Dallas.

So she started to negotiate on the price first and then when I agreed to a certain amount ($540 per month), I was shown the car and we drove back to the original dealer location. The dealer after doing a credit check had initially returned with $650 per month payment and I said no to this. (The second option was $540 per month)

I thought I could not negotiate more as I had agreed on the payments even before seeing the vehicle. So basically, the dealer did not give me various options (such as 0% financing or $1500 factory rebate) and straight away made me to agree with the payments and presented the 0% interest rate.

I was then convinced to buy the Gap insurance and maintenance package and this increased the payments to $554.11 per month.

Hey Green- I think you got a pretty good deal. The 0% worked out better for you than the $1,500 rebate. The Gap insurance is always a good idea.

Overall, are you happy with the car?
r3dsoxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #6
ilovegreen
AF Newbie

Quote:
Hey Green- I think you got a pretty good deal. The 0% worked out better for you than the $1,500 rebate. The Gap insurance is always a good idea.

Overall, are you happy with the car?
Yes, I'm happy for the car but not completely satisfied because I feel that If I were to pay so much money, I could have got a more powerful car such as a Dodge Challenger or Ford Mustang V6 that have about 30-35 HP more than the Altima coupe and are similarly or less priced cars......
Old 11-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #7
r3dsoxmatt
AF Newbie

Very true.

Keep in mind too that your MPG's would probably be a little lower with the extra HP. Over time that would add a little cost to the Challenger and the Mustang.

Just sayin'

As long as your happy, that's all that counts.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #8
DeltaP
AF Enthusiast

I think you'll be ahead on resale value also.
DeltaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:34 AM   #9
ellend27
AF Newbie

Quote:
Very true.

Keep in mind too that your MPG's would probably be a little lower with the extra HP. Over time that would add a little cost to the Challenger and the Mustang.

Just sayin'

As long as your happy, that's all that counts.

Hi ilovegreen. Let me guess what color your Nissan Altima Coupe is? Is it green? Kidding aside, I honestly feel that you had a fair deal with your car. Anyway, its already water under the bridge. Like what r3dsoxmatt stated, just be happy and enjoy your brand new green coupe and always drive carefully!!!
ellend27 is offline   Reply With Quote