Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 10:08 PM   #1
hichkas021
AF Newbie

ka24de

I want to put a turbo on stock engine I want to make 270 hp but I don't know how much boost do I need?
hichkas021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
ZilverZilvia
AF Regular

Re: ka24de

270 Hp to the wheels isn't possible on a stock internal KA, I don't think. From what I remember, 10PSI is the max safe boost you can run on a stock KA. That should make 230hp to the flywheel. So it should be 200ish to the wheels (15% drive-train loss).
Old 07-29-2008, 04:49 PM   #3
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Re: ka24de

huh? not quite.

replace the headgasket and a twin cam KA can run as much power as you want on stock internals.
cory (nissanfanatic here on AF) has already hit 450+ whp on his internally stock daily driven KA, with almost 500 on race gas. but hes smart and knows how to tune correctly, so results may differ.

270whp = fuel pump, injectors, big t28 setup, intake, exhaust, clutch, and tuning. you may not even need a HG for that power level but just to be sure i would replace it with a multi layer steel gasket.

oh and dont skimp on the tuning. its what makes the difference between a strong motor and a paper weight.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX