Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 11:52 PM   #61
catesja
AF Regular

Quick question...If the temp sensor is not hooked up, will the display always say 0C? When the temp sensor is hooked up, will I be able to change it to Fahrenheit? Right now if I push the E/C button it stays in Celsius.
catesja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 12:25 AM   #62
GregA
AF Enthusiast

Re: Overhead console

Quote:
Originally Posted by catesja
Quick question...If the temp sensor is not hooked up, will the display always say 0C? When the temp sensor is hooked up, will I be able to change it to Fahrenheit? Right now if I push the E/C button it stays in Celsius.
I think the "OC" stands for "Open Circuit". I believe the other reading is "SC" when the wires are shorted - "Short Circuit".

And yes - there is a way to change between Fahrenheit & Celsius. As a matter of fact, when I changed to Celsius on the DIC, it ALSO changed my odometer from MILES to KILOMETERS! Kind of cool (I think).

Take Care,
GregA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:25 AM   #63
truc0011
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by catesja
I looked into the headliner area of my 00 Montana and found a connector that has the following wires:
Yellow
Orange
Gray w/Black
Gray
Black
Brown
I think that was the order they were in on the connector. The connector has a red sleeve on it also if that matters.
Is this the connector that goes to the DIC? I found it taped to the headliner over the passenger seat. There was also a shorter set of wires (2) that I could only touch and not pull out far enough to see. Not sure what those are for.

I would like to mod and add the DIC console to my van if I can.
The van came standard with the Dome light override, and the power rear vent windows. So those are the only switches in it right now. I also noticed that my Montana has the console clipped into the hole and not screwed in. It has lock washers on the top side that have to be clipped, it looks like, to pull it out of the van.

Any help would be great!

Jeff

Wondering if I could email you about installing the Shorty overhead console, PM me if you don't mind.
Thanks.
truc0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:06 PM   #64
Grybeard
AF Newbie

Forgive resurrecting the necro post but I just picked up a 05 Montana. I have a 01 Montana with more bells and whistles. This includes the garage door opener in the overhead console. The 05 has the same panel but has a cubby for inserting a remote. I am wondering if I will be able to simply remove the opener assembly from the 01 and install it in the 05.
Grybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:33 PM   #65
Grybeard
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grybeard View Post
Forgive resurrecting the necro post but I just picked up a 05 Montana. I have a 01 Montana with more bells and whistles. This includes the garage door opener in the overhead console. The 05 has the same panel but has a cubby for inserting a remote. I am wondering if I will be able to simply remove the opener assembly from the 01 and install it in the 05.
I guess the main question is, is the harness already there (or a connector to attach a harness to) somewhere under the headliner?
Grybeard is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture