Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
Jabez
AF Newbie

Need help

i recently picked up a 89 240sx that has just had a ka24de swapped into it.
my problem is that because the car is over 15 years old it has to get inspected before i can get insurance on it.
To pass inspection i need to have working headlights and at this present point in time i have NO headlights. I have checked all the fuses and relays i could find, also have pulled the drivers side fender off to trace the wiring to see if i could find any broken wires or anything and have fixed anything i found but with no avail.
If someone could please help me to get my lights working that would be awsome
thanks
Jabez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:40 PM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: Need help

From an initial look at the wiring diagram, and understanding that the headlights open but do not light, I'm wondering if the doors are not opening fully and the detect switch is not closing. I'll need to look at the diagram a bit more closely when I've had more sleep, but it appears the detect switch may open the circuit to the headlights until the covers are fully opened.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote