Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Lancer
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 08:02 PM   #1
esko1269
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to esko1269 Send a message via Yahoo to esko1269
Question should i put money in?

okay guys, i bought a lancer on halloween of last year. i got it before i learned how to drive standard so its an automatic. Should i still put money in it for performance? In january im considering buying a header for it, and an intake and other stuff, but my lil bro, who owns a sooped up lil civic crx says it not worth it. Should i or shouldnt I? Also, can i can horsepower from just a muffler and header or do i have to get all that other junk done to? And what about that test pipe thinggie i see everyone talking about? I'm kinda new to the whole thing so can some one please explain? Thanks
esko1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 02:32 AM   #2
HobieKopek
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to HobieKopek
You Lancer should have more torque and generally be faster than his Civic assuming the same mods, but I still don't see much of a point to extensive tuning on AT cars. If all you're doing is bolt-ons I doubt you'll be disappointed, but if you plan on putting a lot of HP to the pavement then...well...trade it in for a 5spd ES and eat a little loss?
Old 11-23-2002, 11:22 AM   #3
Lil red '03
AF Newbie

$$$$

My personal opinion, I would get the 5 spd. I got my '03 with the stick because I like shifting gears and I love that sound the engine makes as you downshift as it rises a bit and then comes down. << sighs >> My ex couldn't drive a stick, so I was stuck in automatic hell for a long time. Good luck with your shopping.

Junior.
Lil red '03 is offline   Reply With Quote