Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Contour
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
mtaylor1990
AF Newbie

Angry 2000 Ford Contour

Okay.

I'm a big mopar fan. At sixteen, so far, I've saved up and bought myself a 1971 Plymouth Duster, and even dropped a 440 in her. My biggest, and most hated make of autos, are Fords. And wanna know what? I've had now, two, enema'd right up my ass, and I'm getting tired of them. Transmission just fried on my Contour. Right before I was going to sell it. Bought the fucker for 2 grand, cause.. good deal, right? So far, I've had my windows bashed in, my brand new apline stereo stolen out of it, (Not the car's fault. Just bad luck- OK, understood.) AND, now, after just shelling out 800 bucks for the windows, and ripping the stereo out of my old truck in the backyard so I can have some music while I drive, the transmission is fried, and the converter is fucked. Aswell, I just helped my stepdad purchase a '99 Ford F250, and now.. I'm in a tad bit of a dilemma.

Problem lies- 1500 bucks of debt, now, due to some legal issues I brought myself into (Again, not the car's fault. Just my stupidity on this one)

Now, nobody's willing to buy a car which runs, but won't move on it's own. For anywhere near enough to pay for my fines, and help me get a different car. Parent's can't help me. And honestly, once I get the piece of shit hauled over here, I'm spending the rest of my savings which I had for the Duster's new interior.. On this fucking car's transmission. The duster's mpg is insane, so it can't be my daily driver. (Like.. honestly, a what- 8 miles per gallon?! I'm in love with her.. but with only a highschool job, and a girlfriend.. Honestly, I could never afford that.)

So, I ask you all- Any reccomendations on what vehicle to get next? I'd like it to be a Dodge, or Chrysler.. and fairly new, or.. well, at least nice enough to go to work and back, and to take my girl out... (Mebbe a truck?) Sorry for the vent-session. A little ticked, is all
mtaylor1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:46 AM   #2
beyondloadedSE
AF Ford Contour-Advisor

Re: 2000 Ford Contour

Im not sure if you've come to the right place asking for a car other than a Ford. Personally, I could have told you that the CD4E automatic isn't that reliable, as well as the rest of the contour community at www.contour.org. <--- Largest Contour/Mystique Forum. Now the MTX-75, 5 speed on the other hand, besides the weak stock differential, the tranny is awesome. I have both a 96 Contour SE and a 2000 SVT Contour, both with 5 speeds, and neither have had any problems within the 100K miles ive owned them.

FWIW, I tend to think when you buy a car for only $2000, your likely to have problems.

"The CEG Nazi"
www.contour.org
1996 Ford Contour SE - Sold
3.0L V6 and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit
364 whp, 410 wtq @ 16 psi and only 4,700 rpms.
1999 Tropic Green SVT Contour - Bone stock and MINT
beyondloadedSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #3
Chrismathews4
AF Newbie

I need parts off it since the car doesn't move how much you asking for it and are willing to bring it halfway to Florida I'll be gladly to take it off your hands.. ASAP
Chrismathews4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
Chrismathews4
AF Newbie

No dodges they're easy to break into. If your looking for a truck Chevy has some very nice ones. No more fords these things are a waste of money. What's the price on that contour
Chrismathews4 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Contour