Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 06:06 PM   #1
amichals
AF Newbie

question about box design

can anyone help me out with a box design for 2 12inch type r's
amichals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:39 PM   #2
marcusinaus
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to marcusinaus
Re: question about box design

hey mate hope you are having fun with that box design i curently have two mtx sledgehammers go to a strathfield or mtx dealler and coppy there doudle sledge design it rocks ported is better makes a big diff i get low 140db in my space cab rodeo cant hear girlfriend anymore lol
marcusinaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
Alpine_2287
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusinaus
hey mate hope you are having fun with that box design i curently have two mtx sledgehammers go to a strathfield or mtx dealler and coppy there doudle sledge design it rocks ported is better makes a big diff i get low 140db in my space cab rodeo cant hear girlfriend anymore lol

The MTX Subs require more space than the type r's. that box would be way too big... if u do that its gonna sound like crap... it depends on how u want it to sound... if u go with a sealed box youll get really tight bass wich is what i got my type r's in... if u go ported they sound more full... either way the type r's are very good subs... best buys 2 12 boxes sealed are perfect for the type r's... u could just take an idea from that design...
Alpine_2287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #4
marcusinaus
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to marcusinaus
Thumbs up Re: question about box design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine_2287
The MTX Subs require more space than the type r's. that box would be way too big... if u do that its gonna sound like crap... it depends on how u want it to sound... if u go with a sealed box youll get really tight bass wich is what i got my type r's in... if u go ported they sound more full... either way the type r's are very good subs... best buys 2 12 boxes sealed are perfect for the type r's... u could just take an idea from that design...

granted you do need more space for mtx ported but the db for spend is worth it i wouldnt say they sound like shit at 140db in my car they sound F ing awsome changes your heart beat type r speakers are realy good to just the box desing of mtx sledgehammer double set up that is good
marcusinaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:12 PM   #5
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pimprolla112 Send a message via MSN to pimprolla112

there isnt an actual enclosure size for each sub they have recomended sizes, its all basically application specific. You can fit 2-3cuft enclosures in and suz while one closer to .6-1.0 cuft would be better for a truck or small car. Id say go on any of the major car audio sites and they might help you. As for the MTX i like how they put the sledgehammer in all there aub models now makes them sound more powerful than they really are.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
pimprolla112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:37 PM   #6
bloodyprice
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to bloodyprice

look at the mtx website, it will give you dimensions and all kinds of diffrent information on what you need to know.
bloodyprice is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio