Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 04:45 PM   #1
327chevy
AF Regular

Rear defrost junction block?

Is there a junction block for the wiring that feeds the rear window defrost? My heated mirrors quit working as well so I read about the junction block under the front drivers side kick panel and sure enough the wire was burnt off so I figured the whole heating circuit was fixed.As it was the repair was done at a time of year when the need for heating the mirrors or rear window wasn't needed but now that winter is just around the corner and I have actually used the mirror heaters a couple times already and noticed that the rear window isn't defogging.So before I start tearing panels off can someone tell me if there is actually another junction block I should be looking for or perhaps a weak spot.
327chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:54 PM   #2
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

Re: Rear defrost junction block?

I would test first power going to the grid. If power there, then the grid itself. Simple voltmeter/circuit tester will work.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado