Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
andante147
AF Newbie

AC/Climate Control '02 Silhouette (Venture)

UPDATE ... $1,600 repair quote from dealer! (feeling kind of nauseous right now)

The lines ... $1,000 for parts
$600 labor.

Can't do that!

They say:

* The lines to the rear AC are leaking (though they haven't pulled the quarter-panel to see exactly where (hmm?)
* They say the front is not cooling because there is no freon because of the leak in the lines. (the freon pressure DID register as full when I filled it and it was still warm... he says it's "all backed up"
* It doesn't sound like they evacuated the system, but they did apparently put dye in there, (but what good is the dye if they haven't pulled the quarter panel?)
* Says the reason I have no rear air is "some valve back there isn't letting the freon get to the condensor back there."

No one seems to think pulling the codes will do anything, but my manual does indicate various AC controls listed as possible error codes.

The rear air blower is fine, but blows hot air. (was bad since I bought the van 2 years ago)

Front Air - needed recharge again this Spring (was done last summer too) I charged it myself, and it reads full. It was cool (I *think* - it's just NOW gotten terribly hot here!)

Now it blows lukewarm... Driver's side is very warm, passenger's side is cooler (but hard to tell if it's FULLY cool on that side)

Compressor activates normally when AC turned on.

Soonest appt. is in a week, and I'm doing homework. I'm willing to try minor things on it before then... BUT

This doesn't have the orifice valve, right? Is there an equivalent that should b checked? If I do any of that I let out all the refrigerant. Is it worth it to try?

Is there a relay or other control on the valves that cold and hot air (front and rear)?

Thanks!

Last edited by andante147; 06-25-2009 at 03:01 PM. Reason: New Information
andante147 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
climate , control
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture