Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 03:24 PM   #1
Beemerman
AF Newbie

Question Hyundia Centennial

I saw this car near Toronto last year. Didn't know what it was, but noted "centennial" on the trunk and emailed three top car mags to see what they thought it was. Never got a response (should cancel my subscriptions!), but eventually found it on the web months later. Calls to local Hyundai dealers never heard of it, but this week the sales people at the head office near Toronto admitted that the car was here - only one and only here for a week, wouldn't even tell me why - go figure - why hide it?
I want one!! Hyundai Canada has no idea how I should proceed (can you believe this??). Has anybody bought a foreign car and imported it? Can it be done? Is it just a matter of money and changes to Canadian specs, or are there some nefarious trade agreements?

Thanks for all comments...
Old 05-19-2003, 03:08 PM   #2
edonis
AF Enthusiast

I do not know how you can get one, Im afraid.. I suggest you contact a firm that imports rare foreign cars.

I do, however, know a great deal about this car.
The Centennial is in most parts of the world known as the Equus, especially in Korea. Its Hyundai's version of Lexus LS430 or so, powered by a 220-horse 3.5-liter V-6, or a 260 horse 4.5-liter V-8, driving the front wheels through a five-speed automatic transmission.

Started production in 1999 or roundabouts there, and is primarily made for the home market, so Hyundai doesn't sell it in many other countries except Korea. The standard Equus has a wheelbase of 2830 mm, not much longer than the export XG (which Hyundai Canada prob. has), but a long wheelbase version with 3080 mm is offered as well. The limousine (long wheelbase) also possess a total length exceeding 5.3 meters, that’s longer than the new Cadillac Deville and just shorter than Lincoln Town Car.

Its a Korean S-class size car, at the price of a BMW 3-series.. Not bad, really. Go to hyundai's homepage for more info..
edonis is offline   Reply With Quote