Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Corvette
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 12:50 AM   #76
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Get rid of Pontiac, are you out of your mind? If Pontiac wasn't around, where would people have gone if they wanted a better looking Camaro? Pontiac is a more wealthy man's Chevrolet as Buick is a poor man's Cadillac. Not to mention the old GTO's used to kick some serious ass. Pontiac is a great GM company that makes some of the better looking cars of GM. I don't know about where you live but back in 95 when the Grand Am design had become much more appealing, those cars were everywhere.
Old 12-25-2002, 01:53 PM   #77
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
I agree that Pontiac has a great heritage, but nonetheless, all of their present offerings can be found elsewhere (once Oldsmobile dies, they will have the Grand AM themselves, but Olds is still around....kinda)

Styling is, er, subjective.
Old 12-26-2002, 12:26 AM   #78
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Oldmobile died out because they had nothing to offer. Family cars, every branch of GM has that. What makes the others survive? Cadillac, they are the nicest GM product, Buick, they are nice and affordable by most people. Pontiac, the Trans Am and Bonneville. Chevrolet, Corvette, Camaro. GMC, that hangs on probably because they are used as work trucks by many companies. They get lots of sales for the Sonoma and Sierra. Saturn, I dunno how they survive I guess people like their vehicles.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:46 PM   #79
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
Just wonderin, have you ever been behind the wheel of an Aurora? They have balls for a four door I think, especially when you get the V-8. And our Oldsmobile Silhouette will also frickin go, 6 grand red line and and all the options except for the tv. and the driver's heated seat doesn't work for some odd reason. But still, Oldsmobile should stick around, I say fuck Buick. Oldsmobile has had nice vehicles in my opinion. It'd be nice if they could get more vehicles, maybe even some sports cars.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:43 AM   #80
AmErIcAnMuScLe813
AF Regular

Yea seriously. You want a luxury interior you get a luxury car. A corvette is a high performance car so it should have a fitting interior, which it does, and i think it's damn cool...
Old 02-05-2003, 02:04 PM   #81
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Oldsmobile could of used a make over, the Aurora is pretty good looking, even nicer when its one of the few GM 4-doors with a V8. But thats about it. The Alero would be ok if it didn't have those gigantic taillights. The rest didn't look so good compared to the other GM lineups.

Buick makes some ugly looking cars as well I'm really surprised they aren't ditched. Oldsmobile actually looked better then Buick.
Old 02-06-2003, 04:16 PM   #82
Pick
AF Fanatic

I would have to say the Olds 442 is one of my favorite muslce cars.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:48 PM   #83
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

4-4-2 was one of the few big block muscle cars that held in there past the 70's. When did it die out, wasn't it like 86. It was complete junk in the 70's and 80's but thats besides the point.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:33 AM   #84
dapriceiswrongb
AF Regular

ne one own a z06?
Old 02-21-2003, 07:30 PM   #85
AmErIcAnMuScLe813
AF Regular

My dad's got a 2003
Old 02-26-2003, 06:12 PM   #86
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Back to the Z06, I love that car it is an acceleration beast and I saw I think Motortrend's shootout with some of the tuner cars and the Z06 even though it was Lingenfelter TT'd it ran the roadcourse faster than everything out there including Porsche and other vehicles costing almost twice the cash.

Gotta luv the Vette, it is the best sportcar period.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:10 PM   #87
AmErIcAnMuScLe813
AF Regular

Damn right. I agree with you 100%. Vettes are one hell of a bargain for the money.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:19 AM   #88
Unleashed
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Unleashed Send a message via AIM to Unleashed Send a message via Yahoo to Unleashed
Pontiac is ok the GTP and Ws6 look great.. even some f their over cladded offering weren't bad the Gran Am with the Ram air hood..look cool

The Aurora.. well that is a nice car .. and its motor is a variation on the Northstar mors.. when Olds pulss it was their intent to use the Aurora motor in the Gran pRixs.. a v-8 fwd.. proven powerplant and tranny..

Any way.. the Zo6.. hell there are many inexpensive ways to make big hp out of them.. Diablo beware.. and as for the interior.. just pick up an ecklr catalog put out 600 dollars and get a complete CF or aluminum overlay kit ad boom your audi looks like junk

not that is even needs it

My Ws6 when clean and properly armoralled .. and leather condition.. hell i bring in peopl that have lexusus and BMW and Mercede and they all say Wow this thing is really nice.

The Z06 interior isn't up to pa..you gotttabe kidding me.. wipe your dashed down with armor all and leather conditioner for the seats and watch it spring to life..

i find pain quailty excellent.. on both my Ws6 and Z06 fit and finish is well above par.. or i just got lucky

may she always rul.. and i don'tbelieve the Supraguy.. a BPU+ isn't that fast.. unless the Zo6 ran out of gear cause its not geared to run like say the Zr1

but he maybe the vette guy jut backed off.. i know i don't.. i don't hateimport and the Suprais cool.. but no .. no way i've beaten amny bpu +++ you see you got to race them from a stop their race is a 40-60 mph role..they know it and sucker yo in.. were i live they want to start the race at 100 mphthen hit it.. now that ridiculous thats not what happens on the street
Old 04-11-2003, 01:39 PM   #89
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Just wanted to say welcome Unleashed, it's nice to have another on the board who obviously knows his schiznik and got the rides to back it up, any chance you wanna sell that Lightning>haha jk.
Welcome bro
Old 04-12-2003, 05:32 AM   #90
Unleashed
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Unleashed Send a message via AIM to Unleashed Send a message via Yahoo to Unleashed
Hello to you as well. and thanks..

hey don't belive the stories on the lightning.. you'll go through rear tires like water.. its tricky vehicle too hook up..

Im sure some stillen gear will make your Max a screamer.. as im sure it already is.

I like Nissan Alot.. i'd take any of their present 3.5 offerings..

i'd see what they'd give you for a new maxima very 350Z ish

LATER BROTHER
UNLEASHED

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette