Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #1
duke1982
AF Newbie

b2200 engine troubles

i have an 88 Mazda b2200 and it has about 177k on it. recently the crank seal went out so i replaced it. it lasted not long and went out again, so i replaced it and about 5 min of running and it started leaking again. i know the seal was seated flush and no gouges and no grooves. the compression test did say the cylinders are a little week ( around 125-135) but that shouldn't cause that fast of blow back i don't think. someone suggested i replace the PCV valve since that could cause pressure to build up and blow the crank seal but im not familiar enough with engines to know. any help would be greatly appreciated. the oil just runs out so i cant drive it like that...
duke1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
Crvett69
AF Moderator

Re: b2200 engine troubles

pcv valve will be attached directly on the valve cover or a hose coming out of it but usually excess pressure will push the seal out or leak at a old one like the rear main, its possible your crankshaft has a nick or droove the the front where seal ride or the drain hole it plugged, if your sure its the seal leakind and not the gasket holding the oil pump on you might need a crankshaft sleeve repair kit. its a think sleeve that fits over the end of the crank. you can get a new pcv and try it and make sure hose going to it is clear first
Crvett69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
duke1982
AF Newbie

thanks for the reply, i tried the pcv valve and still leaked. the crankcase seems to have a lot of pressure on it its pushing oil into the air filter housing like crazy. i checked the shaft and housing but everything is smooth no nicks or gouges i think for some reason it has lots of pressure any guesses?
duke1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #4
Crvett69
AF Moderator

excess pressure is usually a symptom of worn rings. did you check the hose to the pcv? if you remove it and stick your finger over end with its running should feel suction
Crvett69 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
1988 , b2200 , mazda
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > General Discussion