Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 07:17 PM   #1
hermunn123
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hermunn123
underdrive pulleys

what exactly do these do?? pros, cons?

Please impede from anathematizing me just because I elocute loquacious locutions more Brobdingnaging than one could elucidate with a perspicacity as Lilliputian as your own.
hermunn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 12:30 PM   #2
Seabass
AF Newbie

They slow down your accessories. Worth a few HP (REAL numbers vary on different cars). The biggest con i've ever heard is people with big stereos having charging problems. I have pullies on my bird but will be selling them when I get my blower put on. (for obvious reasons). I never had charging problems. Mainly because I don't have a big stereo or anything like that. I just incase raised my ingear idle (automatic) to 900rpm so it's in full charge.

Seabass
Seabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 05:04 PM   #3
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Yeah, about the biggest drawback is its hard to get an aftermarket stereo system to work well with the pulleys. It does give you more power, but it has to come from somewhere and that place is your electrical systems. I have them on the Spyder and they haven't caused me any problems.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 11-09-2001, 05:12 PM   #4
Seabass
AF Newbie

Well in my T-Bird club alot of guys do pullys but they simply leave out the alternator pully. Others simply get a higher amperage alternator and/or have their idle adjusted (like me) via EEC-V. Every little bit counts. I dig em...but gotta lose em here soon.

Seabass
Seabass is offline   Reply With Quote