Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > MKT
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
12Ounce
AF Fanatic

Test Message ...

... is this forum actually working? There seems to be so little (almost none) activity here.
12Ounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: Test Message ...

Yeah, this forum is working, but you're right, not much activity. That's probably a good thing, it probably means few folks are having issues with their MKTs.

I recently moved harddrives around and forgot to add this forum to my auto tab list so I even forgot to watch it for several weeks.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
terence123cars
AF Newbie

Hey Guys; I'm a member of the Windstar Forum. I'm going to invest in a newer Ford, a 2009 / 2010 Flex. Ive read up quite a bit on them and They look like a good replacement for my old Winnie. I have about 370,000 kms on her and she's still going strong. I drive up and down from Ontario to Baja, Mexico, once a year and I'm thinking that I'm pushing my luck a bit now, so It's time to retire the old girl. Any thoughts on the Flex's?

Terry
terence123cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
shorod
SHO No Mo

I'm a member of an EcoBoost specific forum and there are a few folks on there that absolutely love their Flex's. I haven't really read of anyone with complaints. My wife and I are very pleased so far with her MKT, which as you appear to realize is a Flex sibling. The platform is based on the Volvo S80 which has some history on it.

Are you considering the EcoBoost or the 3.7L? I don't have any experience with the 3.7L, but it seems to be pretty similar to the 3.5L EcoBoost as well as the NA 3.5L that was in my wife's MKZ (prior to the MKT).

-Rod
Old 05-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
terence123cars
AF Newbie

Hi there: Sorry I didn't come back to this thread cause I didn't think there was anyone looking at it. I would like to buy into an EcoBoost, but there are not a lot of 2010 / 2011 in the Canadian Auto Trader web site that I'm looking at. Any that I have seen, are about $1500 to $2000 more than the non EcoBoost units. I'll probably move up to a 2011 or 2012 in a couple of years. Hopefully there will be more units for sale at that time. How do you like the Flex. From everything I read so far, they seem to be great, as a replacement for the Windstar.
Terry
Old 05-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
shorod
SHO No Mo

I've not actually been in a Flex, but my wife's MKT is based on the same platform. The rear of the MKT slopes back unlike the Flex, which is more of a right angle. For an adult, the headroom in the 3rd row can be a bit uncomfortable. I suspect the Flex would be better in that area. I drove my wife's MKT on a roadtrip with the family a few weeks back and it's a great highway cruiser! We don't put a lot of miles on our vehicles (I just turned 8000 miles on my 2011 SHO that I bought in June of 2010) but no issues so far.

-Rod
Old 06-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #7
terence123cars
AF Newbie

Thanks for the reply, I have been shopping around the various Flex websites, not many Forums yet. Most of what I read is pretty positive though and I'm heading back from Baja Mexico at the end of June and I'll probably end up buying a 2010 SEL or if I can find a Limited at the right price. Anyway I'll post some info at that time.

I'm very sorry to be finally selling (If any one will want it!) the 1999 Windstar. It has been a great vehicle. We've put on a lot of kms, going up and down from Ontario to the bottom of the Baja Peninsular and really, hardly any real issues. It's got 360,000 plus KMs and has never let me down. Thanks to all the great people on this forum. Terry
Old 12-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #8
30fords
AF Newbie

The fact there is little activity is a good sign.
30fords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #9
azakram
AF Newbie

I bought used 2012 MKT now 190k on it. I am very happy with that. Accpt the media SYNC system sucks really bad. I use iPhone and iPad and it does not work very well with that. Also, the voice commands are not very good. You say A it understand Y or Z not even B.
Other than that car runs well.
azakram is offline   Reply With Quote