Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > M5
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 09:33 PM   #1
elof
AF Newbie

2001 BMW M5 vs. 1997 Lotus Esprit V8

Well today was one sweet day. I was driving with my dad on the way home from the Dinan place and while we were at the stop light a beautiful blue car whipped out and nailed it down the road. Anxiously we waited for the light to turn green. Once it did we floored it until we finally caught up to this magnificigant car which was riding the ass of some dumb as van. We knew this guy was out for a ride since he was heading towards what we like to call "race track" (which consists of a 1mile straight, a 2 mile wide turn around a community, and then followed by a fairly straight 2-4 mile road which then leads back into the 1mile straight and is located in no mans land which is great since barely anyone is on the road). Anyways not sure as to what this car was we pulled up behind and I squinted my eyes and read the back to find out it was a really nice Lotus. Anyways as the van turned off the into the dirt road by the wide turn the lotus pulled slightly into the on comming and lane and floored it. We downshifted and followed it around and to the end of the wide turn. As we came onto the 2-4 mile road we pulled right up to the side mirros of the lotus before he had started to nail it again his tires squeeling like crazy!!! He pulled about 1 to 1 1/2 cars lengths infront of us but we held on to him. We stayed pretty well on his tail until we started to gain on him once we reached what i would say was 4th possibly 3rd. For those of you who dont know the M5 is more of a highway car then off the line car which sorta put us in the advantage in this race even though the lotus is a beast!!!. Pounding on the pedal we slowly pulled in front of the Lotus and made our way to the newely paved 1mile straight. The lotus got stuck behind a Mustang who was also pulling onto the straight. The lotus then veared out and around the mustang and headed our way flooring it behind us. While he was about 3 car lengths behind us at this time since he was stuck behind that stang we noticed he was gunning it to catch up so we just hit it also reaching speeds of about 140-145 MP. As we came to the end of the 1mile straight the lotus was not stopping but finally did we let it pull in front of us and he took off heading towards the wide turn again. We followed him that way but unfortunately red lined giving the lotus a slight gain on us due to the fact that the bmw dealership deleted the software my dad had causing him to loose the extra 700rpm making it more difficult to drive by sound as my dad later on explained to me. Anyways we continued all the way around the wide turn keeping right on the back end of the lotus and we reached the end of the road he gave us a thumbs up and a smile slowed down and we took off back home. It was a pretty sweet race. Im not sure if he was giving it all he had but even if he was or wasnt it was a really awesome race. I wish i had video taped it. Btw here is a link to the picture of the lotus we raced. Except the one we raced was blue.

http://www.supercars.net/Pic?s=1&id=...&o=Esprit%20V8
elof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 11:37 AM   #2
Ando_Rules
AF Enthusiast

sweet guy that'd be awsome to race a lotus man
Ando_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 06:12 PM   #3
SledgehammerVette
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to SledgehammerVette Send a message via Yahoo to SledgehammerVette
That's gotta be awesome! I saw a Espirit in Georgia the other day, nice shiny red.

4DRSpeed.com Is Here!
SledgehammerVette is offline   Reply With Quote