Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 08:02 AM   #1
mwebber78
AF Newbie

04' Quest updates

I'm new to this board but becuase this van is a 1st year design I decided to join just in case I have problems! Anyways before taking delivery of my 04' they completed all the technical service bulliens and 1 recall. Be sure if you have sliding door rattles or rear hatch rattles to bring it right back, they have gotten tsb's on how to fix these. They added foam panels to the interior structure of the sliding doors, replaced "ball joints" on rear hatch struts which made noise, added a different spec. grease to the hinges and replaced the door actuators so that they lock tightly in cold weather. Has anyone had a dealer who was able to stop the 3rd row latches from making noise???????? I only get a noise once in a great while but I'm curious if they are adjustable?
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 06:10 PM   #2
jwkw
AF Newbie

Re: 04' Quest updates

I have to back to dealer to fix the 3rd row latches problem right after I purchase my 04 Quest on Sept. 2003. It is Stevens Creek Nissa at Santa Clara, Ca. They fix the 3rd row latches problem, but not for sliding door noice. It had been fixed on previous recall at couples months ago. Now I have steering wheel shakes problem, when the brake applied, and speed at 30-40MPH. Anybody has this or more problem with 04 Quest?
jwkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 07:03 AM   #3
mwebber78
AF Newbie

Jwkw
What did they do for your 3rd row latches? I have had the van a few weeks and the latch noise I heard hasn't come back since I folded the 3rd row down to load some stuff then put it back up. Seems to be quiet. I went for a long ride with the wife this weekend, the van rides real quietly so far, I heard an occasional rattle from the rear hatch over rough pavement but I don't think thats uncommon for a big van with lots of plastic (I'm sure Caravans do it) Anyone have a Caravan that can give their opinion? jwkw, let me know about the steering wheel shake problem and the fix just in case it happens to me. It sounds like one of your discs may have gotten warped, it can happen after stop and go traffic when the brakes heat up and you drive/park/or put through the carwash hot brakes. The slight warp sends feedback through the wheel. They can usually remove the problem disc and cut it down. They will most likely do it under warrenty .
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 05:32 PM   #4
newm5
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 04' Quest updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkw
I have to back to dealer to fix the 3rd row latches problem right after I purchase my 04 Quest on Sept. 2003. It is Stevens Creek Nissa at Santa Clara, Ca. They fix the 3rd row latches problem, but not for sliding door noice. It had been fixed on previous recall at couples months ago. Now I have steering wheel shakes problem, when the brake applied, and speed at 30-40MPH. Anybody has this or more problem with 04 Quest?
I have the same problem with the steering wheel shaking when slowing down at high speed on freeways. I thought this was normal.

I will ask other dealer. My current dealer is not very good. I take mine to Dublin Nissan in the bay area.
newm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 11:47 PM   #5
Selah94
AF Newbie

Steering Wheel Shake

I had a problem with the steering wheel shaking when slowing down. It especially occurred when going down hill. I took the vehicle to the dealer and had them turn the rotors and the problem went away.
Selah94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:39 PM   #6
dartmouthpride
AF Newbie

Re: Steering Wheel Shake

My dealer also turned the rotors on ours as well.
dartmouthpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:58 AM   #7
jwkw
AF Newbie

Angry steering wheel shaking

My dealer fixed the steering wheel shaking problem 2 months ago, but the problem coming back now. The brake also making noise, but they can not find where the problem is. Not a good dealer, consider to change.
jwkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:42 AM   #8
Joseph Fister
AF Newbie

I have not had nothing but trouble out of my quest. It has been in the shop 16 different times for nine different things. The nissan quest tech is comming to pick up my van and I hope that they will fix it or replace it befor my arbtration date. If not I guess I will have to fight it to the end..
Joseph Fister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:46 PM   #9
bad68chev
AF Regular

Re: Re: 04' Quest updates

There is a technical service bulletin for the rear seat if it rattles. The dealer will have to replace the Latches in the seat, this will fix the noise.
bad68chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:09 AM   #10
Quest74
AF Newbie

no problems here in my 04 Quest. Runs great. Sorry to hear of the problems you are having.
Quest74 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena