Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: wich one
supra any year 37 50.68%
RX-7 any year 28 38.36%
300zx any year 8 10.96%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 10:20 AM   #61
rxtacy
AF Regular

Re: Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsa Whore
Ok, I don't know if anyone still looks at this thread seeing as the last entry was almost three months ago, but I'm gonna post this anyway.

I've always wanted an Rx7 over all the other mid-nineties hotrods.........even though I've read about all the problems they've had........now, I have an '86 Audi Coupe GT, and y'all probably can't help me 'cause you're all Jap knowledgeables.........but I was wondering if it was just worth it to keep my Audi with all of the crap that I need to fix on it or if I should think about trying to sell it and look for an Rx7? ANY advise would be welcome........thanks.
What kind of RX-7 are you referring to that you want? I assume you're talking about the '93-'95 FD since you called it a mid-nineties hotrod. In that case, you're probably going to be spending just as much or probably more money fixing up an FD as you would fixing up your Audi. If you want to buy an FD, be ready to spend a few thousand $ at any given time when you first get it, because you don't know how well the previous owner took care of it. A better choice would be a late 80s or early 90s FC3S TII. Those are still badass cars, and not as time and money consuming as the FD.
rxtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 08:16 PM   #62
USA_Ownz
AF Newbie

Hehe go with the supra, rotary engines heat up too much.... well to me they do.
USA_Ownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 10:39 PM   #63
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
Go with the Z or the Supra.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 12:26 AM   #64
OoNismoO
AF Enthusiast

i would go with the rx-7 turbo (93-95). if i got one i would rebuild the motor, and put a new turbo on it right away.
OoNismoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 12:03 PM   #65
Salsa Whore
AF Newbie

Thanks for the advice, the main reason I'm questioning this is 'cause I'm wondering if it's feasable to drop my 5 cylinder and throw in a new A6 turbo or a Porshe engine...........if I DO decide to sell and go for a Jap machine, it WOULD be an Rx7, I've known that for a while, just not which Gen to buy or stuff like that.........
Salsa Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:59 PM   #66
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
If I were to get an RX-7, I'd get the last gen....TT is a must. I just don't trust them. Nissan........Niiiiiiiiisan.......

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 03:57 AM   #67
Balistic
AF Newbie

Re: supra vs. rx-7 vs. 300zx

Ok man... I have $10,000 dollars that says I will take your lt1 with my toyota supra. If you live within 500 miles of me we can meet up and do this. Then I can put this bull crapt about lt1's being so dominat against imports. If you read on here I just took a viper rt10 this past weekend and beat it by over a second on the 1/4. So are you up for the challenge ???????
Balistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 04:16 AM   #68
89Turbo944
AF Enthusiast

phatdex you have no idea what you are talking about. The VG30DETT does not have any reputation to blow up. It is a very strong engine. You said the it was crapy because it has no room. How does that make the enigne crappy?

The Z handles great, has adiquit power and the potential to make alot more, and looks fantastic. Go for a 300ZX TT 5speed 1995. Like i have. you will never regret it.
89Turbo944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 12:37 PM   #69
AreaT51R
AF Newbie

I have a 98' Eclipse GSX with a built 1st gen motor swap and about $10K total in mods. I'm going to sell it sometime this year and I'm actually looking at both the Supra and RX-7. I know a lot about the rotary engine thanks to my dad who is a key player in Mazda Motors Corp. and the fact that it's been my dream car since my sophmore year in H.S. For those of you saying "just drop in a 20B". It's not that easy. To make a long story short...it takes about $35K to do the swap. Don't believe me? Call Pettit Racing...I did. The Supra looks bloated but the engine is nice. Who ever said it costs less to build a Supra is smoking some hella good crack. I just read a Power Pages that said one of the Supra's bad points is that "making power with the Supra is directly related to how deep your pockets are". Bottom line...both cars will cost a lot to build. The Supra is a better drag car? Are you a pro? I'm not. For a street car it's easier to push 2,700lbs down the road than 3,450. Do the math for yourself and compare the Power/weight ratios. There's no "better" car. It depends on what you want to use it for. The RX-7 will out-perform the Supra any day of the week as far as handling and acceleration. The Supra will probably best the 7 as far as top speed and all out power. But then again...RE Amemiya (in Japan) built an RX-7 that didn't stop pulling until well after 200mph. Oh, and for drifting, absolutly nothing will drift better than an FD3S. Almost done...there is more shit made for the 7 than any Supra owner could dream of. Try finding a Carbon Fiber rear hatch and doors for a Supra...yah right. Supra's are thought of as the ultimate Japanese import here in the U.S. but in Japan the RX-7 is more respected...right there with the R34 GTR. It WILL cost more to fully build a Supra. If your willing to accept the maintinence hastles of the rotary and take good care of the 7 and tune it right it will last a long time...only ignorance will tell you other wise. My money's going to the mighty FD3S RX-7.

Oh...and the Z...It would be a pain in the ass to build, there arn't even remotely close to as many after market parts, and performance isn't as good as the RX-7 or Supra...but that's just my $.02

PLEASE DON'T FLAME ME!!!

Last edited by AreaT51R; 02-01-2004 at 05:06 PM.
AreaT51R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 04:25 PM   #70
AreaT51R
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbSaxyGuy14
Don't get an Rx-7 whatever you do cause they have rotary engines and they lock up. They are not great engines at all ... now if you took the rotary engine out then yeah .. but otherwise, no.
That's the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Stick to your and keep dreaming of one day being a big dawg.
Old 02-01-2004, 04:52 PM   #71
AreaT51R
AF Newbie

Re: Re: supra vs. rx-7 vs. 300zx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balistic
Ok man... I have $10,000 dollars that says I will take your lt1 with my toyota supra. If you live within 500 miles of me we can meet up and do this. Then I can put this bull crapt about lt1's being so dominat against imports. If you read on here I just took a viper rt10 this past weekend and beat it by over a second on the 1/4. So are you up for the challenge ???????
That's impressive but not awe inspiring. Awe inspiring was seeing this guy's 91' Galant VR-4 beat a Viper RT10. Do me a favor...tear this muscle headed morron a new ass hole.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:32 PM   #72
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

LOL
Old 02-02-2004, 07:24 PM   #73
AreaT51R
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngvr4
LOL
Old 03-09-2004, 09:03 AM   #74
Rx7 For Life
AF Newbie

Talking

Clowns, lol no but seriously... no offense to the supra but if these cars are all stock then the skyline and rx7 would take off pretty lined up off the start, i agree the supra could catch but the rx7 would be able to keep up all the way down the line, if not keep up pass the skyline but i dunno id have to actually see this race.

All i know is RX7 FOR LIFE
Rx7 For Life is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons