Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Peugeot > 306
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 12:56 PM   #1
kopite
AF Newbie

306 alarm problem

hi am desperate for some help. i have a 95 306 diesel. initially my fob started playing silly buggers, immediatly unlocking when i tried to lock to car. this would go on for a few minutes before actually locking. then the problem escalated. when trying to move the car it immobilised itself; but also would not allow me to lock the vechicle. when trying to start the engine the alarm goes off.

so there is my problem, the local pug dealer wants £200 just to look at the thing. can i sort it myself? can you give me some guidance? the car was built before the keypad system and doesnt seem to have an alarm shutoff under the bonnet. please help.

kopite
kopite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
Pug306
AF Newbie

Re: 306 alarm problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopite View Post
hi am desperate for some help. i have a 95 306 diesel. initially my fob started playing silly buggers, immediatly unlocking when i tried to lock to car. this would go on for a few minutes before actually locking. then the problem escalated. when trying to move the car it immobilised itself; but also would not allow me to lock the vechicle. when trying to start the engine the alarm goes off.

so there is my problem, the local pug dealer wants £200 just to look at the thing. can i sort it myself? can you give me some guidance? the car was built before the keypad system and doesnt seem to have an alarm shutoff under the bonnet. please help.

kopite
Few things, pretty much a newbie to pugs myself but had similar probs...do you have a little button on the steering column near the key? If so press that within ten seconds of putting your key in and turning to 'A' that will disable the alarm, you wont be able to reset it though until you sort the central locking.

As far as your central locking goes though, 306's have a problem with the door loom, as in it's crap and breaks, mine did/is and I couldn't lock my car, it would just immediately unlock, I could use the key to lock it but even that took patience....I found a white (I believe) wire in the loom that was loose, connected it back up and all was back to normal....hope yours is as easy as mine was...
Pug306 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Peugeot > 306