Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 01:15 AM   #1
kwilliby
AF Newbie

Help select tires for 94 Accord

I have a nice 94 accord 2dr lx with 163k miles. Car is in excellent shape. I recently purchased 4 new bfg traction T/A's for this car. I had nothing but trouble with them. The car pulled to the left so I had the alignment checked. In fact i had it checked three times by two different alignment shops. The car still pulled left. The only way it would steer properly was to swap the left front and right rear tires around. Since the T/A's are directional this made the left front tire run in the wrong direction. But after several tire rotations, this was the only way the car would steer correctly. Another strange thing, when the two front tires were switched around, this made both front tires run the wrong direction. And then the car would pull to the right. Very strange. I talked to the store where I bought them (Sams club). And they are going to replace them with something else.

So I would like to choose a different brand tire. The T/A's were special order and I would prefer something Sam's has in stock.

Tires they have that look attractive are Michelin X DT's and Goodyear Assurance Comfortreads and Goodyear Regatta 2's .

I understand the Michelin's are made for these discount stores and I can't find anyone who has owned these tires.

I live in the midwest where we get a lot of snow, ice and rain so having a good all weather tire is very important to me.

Anyone have an opinion on these tires?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kent.
kwilliby is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels