Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 07:02 AM   #1
corkywg
AF Newbie

Bike or Car?

I currently own a 1992 Toyota Celica it is a P.O.S. and yes a rice burner, very slow 18.1 quarter mile, loud muffler the works but I want to get something faster I am trying to decide if buying a sport bike ( CBR F3 ) would result in my death? Or… would buying a faster car like a 2nd generation RX7 turbo II would be a better choice for me? I am 17 years old and I like going fast, but think I understand the risk involved. Any suggestions cause I have to get rid of that thing in my driveway
Old 11-26-2003, 08:07 AM   #2
FXman
Banned

Re: Bike or Car?

I would get a car personally, or maybe keep the piece of crap, and save up for a house or college, that`s what i did and look at me now lol, anyways that`s you`r choice, it`s just what i did, but i saved up and went to college now i have basicly a fleet of fast cars, lol if you want nice things work hard in college, or buy real estate, trust me it pays of.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:18 AM   #3
corkywg
AF Newbie

let me clarify

this might help you decide which would be best.... if i buy the bike i keep my pos car if i buy the car i sell the pos. your suggestions would be great i have 5k. (plus 3k if i sell my car.)
Old 11-26-2003, 11:23 AM   #4
FXman
Banned

hmmmm lets see, were do you live? that might help me what to get you, and do you know how to ride a Motorcycle, and does it ran, because a bike would be easyer and cheaper the car protects you from the elements i`d get the bike because then you`r saving money for College and or a House : )
Old 11-26-2003, 11:26 AM   #5
FXman
Banned

You`v told me about you now i`m going to tell you about me : ) lol ok i`m 45 years old, i live in Beverly Hills California, i own a 7800 squere foot house, i own a Ferrari 360 Spider, a Porche Cyanne Turbo and an Infinitie FX45, i`m a CEO of a corperation but i cant tell you the name for security reasons, i was born in Minnesota and have been living in Florda, California and Alberta, that`s my life profile i guess lol
Old 11-26-2003, 11:45 AM   #6
corkywg
AF Newbie

i live in florida i was wondering if i were to get a sport like the cbr f3 would i end killing myself i am 17 and i do know how to ride a motorcycle i have got my endorsment and took the msf class but still don't know casue i here all the time in the newspaper "teenager dies in street bike crash" your thought?
Old 11-26-2003, 11:47 AM   #7
corkywg
AF Newbie

i live in florida i was wondering if i were to get a sport like the cbr f3 would i end killing myself i am 17 and i do know how to ride a motorcycle i have got my endorsment and took the msf class but still don't know casue i here all the time in the newspaper "teenager dies in street bike crash" your thought? by the way fxman nice Assortment of cars!!!! damn i am jealous <---spell check
Old 11-26-2003, 12:26 PM   #8
FXman
Banned

lol thanks, but it takes hard work lol, i dunno its you`r choice i have a motorcycle its a Suzuki Hyabusa, thats my bike i like to drive my 360 better but, anyways lol i was hit my a crazed teenager one year on a bike, that was back when i owned my little red S4 lolm a kid on a motorcycle ran into my side and killed himself.... very sad story,
Old 11-26-2003, 12:31 PM   #9
FXman
Banned

sorry i went to show my kid the new car... his eyes widin opened and he ran outside and hes like huggin it, he really likes it, i`ll be back in about a half hour, i`m takin my kid for a ride see ya in a little bit!
Old 11-26-2003, 12:43 PM   #10
Deakins
AF Enthusiast

Thread closed.
FXman, this is not your personal playground.

corkywg, I'm sorry about this, but feel free to start a new thread.