Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 07:46 PM   #1
Tsantos
AF Newbie

Need advice on first car purchase

So right now I am driving my dads 2006 Toyota Avalon, with engine upgrades pushing over 300 horse. I now need to get my own car, im mainly looking at Toyotas but am open to anything. I'm looking for something, that is somewhat fast but mainly cheap. I'm running on a very low budget. Any ideas?
Tsantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:14 PM   #2
Levithan9
AF Newbie

Re: Need advice on first car purchase

Used Camry. 02-06 Is your best bet. Get the 4 banger, change oil every 3000 like you change underwear every night.

05-09 Pontiac G6 with the 3.5 v6. The 4 banger is trash. And you'll get better gas mileage. Plus you can add a flowmaster, which makes it sound awesome. Parts are cheap for both cars, and they can be had for less than $4,000.

If you want economy like a mo-of, Corolla. 06-10, but prepare to pay up for way better mileage.
Levithan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 04:43 PM   #3
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

I wouldn't recommend a late model GM to anyone, especially a G6. And a G6 with an exhaust sounds like crap.

Cheap and fast don't work well on a low budget. Stick with cheap and reliable, especially at your age.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:42 PM   #4
MikeCStig
AF Regular

I would recommend going Japanese. Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Mazda, and all of these companies make a model or two that's surprisingly fast.
I'd say look into a Subaru WRX. Just not the STi model, it might be too fast for you.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A