Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 11:48 PM   #16
schecter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to schecter
Re: what should i get for 10 grand

nope a4 still has better handling although the m3 would whoop its ass in a speed contest i have an a4 and have driven the 02 m3 m3 handles well and is one of the fastest fuckers ive ever been in but the s4 will out handle it and that is the same price range and unless i am mistaken which i could be and for sum reason missed le mans this year the AUDI is unbeaten
schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 12:08 AM   #17
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

http://www.carpages.co.uk/bentley/be...echo=188164547

sorry dude, Audi lost this year. The R8 is too old

And stop comparing cars in different classes, of course the M3 will outhandle the A4, it costs twice as much...

M3 vs. S4 is actually arguable, supposedly the newest one is incredibly good, but alas I have yet to drive one... However I have drivin some older ones, and I would take an E36 or my E46 over one any day.
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 12:57 AM   #18
schecter
Banned

nice race me up hill in the snow or mud w/ ur 02 m3 lets see who wins? thats right audi u cant argue with me about better handling. because u know im rite take this 2 the pms from now on man/woman if u wanna keep up the whose better
Old 06-06-2004, 12:27 AM   #19
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

In snow or mud... How about regular conditions, like regular people Schecter... By your arguement the A4 would outhandle the RWD McLaren just because its AWD and is better in snow. Who races in the snow, really?
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:38 AM   #20
schecter
Banned

its called rally racing ever heard of it? DINAN and u never answered how old u were btw i already told u the m3 would beat the s4 on a road well maybe not if the road was fucked up so how old are u?
Old 06-06-2004, 01:32 AM   #21
Playa88_01
AF Newbie

Hey shecter, stfu, you made some points about audi's winning a lot at LeMans and how they handle good in "snow/mud" but seriously, is the average driver going to be driving in the LeMans or in the snow going 80+ ???? You've had to cover Audi waaayyy too much with "LeMans" or "snow" so get over it, you lost, go home, stay there. The Bimmer wins this round, try again next time.

P.S. Anyways, this thread wasn't about Bimmers or Audi's. It was about finding a nice car around or under 10 grand that is fun to drive. Hell, a 93 GT mustang can be found waaayyy under 10 grand. Spend the rest of the money on some performance stuff, he's got a fun car. Not something thats going to hold traction in the snow or run at LeMans, this is because he wants a "fun" car, not a race car.
Playa88_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:51 AM   #22
schecter
Banned

hey NOOB shut the fuck up why u gotta be a pusssy and say stfu? ya and besides u know mustangs and all those rear wheel drive cars are real practicle in bad conditions moron never speak again playa HA! get the fuck up outta here. and by the way hardass u do realize u can find a BMW and AUDI for under 10 grand rite, and they are both good. and maybe u should read how i love both cars? as in bmw is faster has great handling, audi is slower has amazing handling. so never talk again never ever call me out again lil man. DINAN and me were talkin fine our own opinions until u tried to jump in. never again will this happen
Old 06-06-2004, 06:20 PM   #23
mommaslilinjun
AF Newbie

to answer the original question, under $10g, one can find a variety of nice cars, including, but not limited to, an E36 (older model) BMW, my friend has a 318ti, which handles beautifully, a4s are also nice, if not heavier and slightly worse handlers. If I had $10g, I would buy a Porsche 944 turbo (951), a supreme handler and fairly quick car that can be had in good condition from $6.5g to $8.5g, and save the rest of the money to fix what will soon break, as it is an older car. and chill out.
mommaslilinjun is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A