Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Odyssey
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 05:58 PM   #16
manvny
AF Newbie

Re: Odyssey 2001 Alarm going off

Many thanks Alan. Can you advise me the characteristic(s) of the wires to un-plug located near the hood latch? Many thanks.
manvny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:35 PM   #17
tartica
AF Newbie

Was anyone able to resolve the alarm going off???

I have a 2002 Odyssey EX. The alarm has been acting up for awhile and only happens when it is damp or cold. I resorted to pulling the horn relay so we could at least sleep at night. I found two wires that go to the hood latch and uncoupled the plastic harness adjacent to the hood latch. The alarm still goes off.

Any suggestions? The dealer has been no help. They of course can't diagnose the problem because they don't have the car overnight when it really goes off.
tartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #18
gsj
AF Newbie

Hi,

We are also having similar problem with our 2001 Odyssey for past 5+ years. There doesn't appear to be any resoulution are visiting 10+ Honda dealers in the area. Appreciate anyone who has been able to resolve the issue to post your findings.
gsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #19
bcamp
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Odyssey 2001 Alarm going off

I have a 2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L and I have had a persistent alarm problem. It would go off in the middle of the night and at other random times for no apparent reason. After dealing with Honda dealers and reading all the solutions, I got nowhere. The good news is that I solved the problem. If you open the hood there is a plug that is next to the hood latch that connects two wires to the latch. To simply unplug that does not solve the problem. But, if you unplug it and then short out the two wires coming to the latch the alarm system is disabled and everything else still works. (car locks,etc) So, either cut the plug off and join the two wires together or put a little jumper wire in the plug and your alarm is disabled. If you want to reconnect the alarm you could remove the jumper and plug it back in to the latch side of the plug. Hope this helps you Honda alarm haters, I was thrilled.
bcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #20
grokus
AF Newbie

Talking Re: Odyssey 2001 Alarm going off

See this video to solve the alarm headache.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeN8pwxyAhk
grokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:07 AM   #21
JeffWhite
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Odyssey 2001 Alarm going off

Another trick to really make the alarm quiet: make a door key, plug it in to the ignition slot before you leave and lock the car. Of course, you need to manually lock the door using your driving key. By this time, the remote key will not work - not a problem.

Honda Odyssey driving key has a transceiver type of chip embedded in the key. If you make a mechanical copy of it without the chip, that key can be used only to open the door, or rotate the ignition switch, but can never start the engine. I call it door key. Plugging in the door key with door locked is safe since no body can drive the car away with that door key even if they break the door in. Test it out yourself before you feel comfortable in doing so.
JeffWhite is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Odyssey