Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 09:28 PM   #1
_Smoke_
AF Newbie

6" Suspension 3" Body Lift

What's up guys. Ok I have a question for all of ya. I have a 01 GMC Z71. I'm getting a Skyjacker 6" Suspension lift and a 3" Body lift. What size tires can I fit under this thing now? I've been told from 35s to 40s. I don't know what to get. Everyone I talk to tells me something different. A little help would be greatly appreciated.
_Smoke_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:13 PM   #2
J-Ri
AF Enthusiast

Re: 6" Suspension 3" Body Lift

According to an offroading book I have, you can put 38.5x15 on it with the 6"/3" lift. The same book, however, advises against using any tires over 35"(10 bolt) for any stock front axle (7.5 inch is 31" max). For the rear, the only axle that can have 38" is the 14-bolt. You should put a heavier axle on the front reguardless of what you have now, any possibly on the rear too, and if you want ANY acceleration outside of 4x4 low you should regear too. I would go at Least 4.10:1, possibly look into 5.x:1.
Poly engine/trans/control arm bushings
Self built and self programmed progressive methanol injection system
J-Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 10:40 PM   #3
GMCMudBogger
AF Enthusiast

Re: 6" Suspension 3" Body Lift

I have a 93 Sub with a similiar set up but with an RCD suspension lift & 3" body lift, and I roll on 37"x 13.50-15 Pro Comp X-Terrains and had to cut of the inside corners of the fenders, bend in the bumper and trim the chin spoiler, The tires rub when turned at full stuff, But the truck rides hell of a lot better that it ever did stock. Also make sure you gear it like J-Ri said or it will be a dog on uphill and accelaration. Another thing I would change is the rear carrier since it is weak in it's design to begin with, I have an Auburn Ltd slip and it does well for everyday driving an off roading, I should have got a locker but I was just worried about having a ltd slip at the time. Oh, and the reason it was changed was it exploded in a parking lot going 10 mph and I was on 35's then. When getting tires stay with a radial they ride soo much better on the road. Hope this info helps and if you have any other q's feel free to ask. Make sure it sits even since most trucks you'll see have the rear lower for some reason and stay away from blocks!
Old 07-29-2006, 01:23 AM   #4
seanc23
AF Newbie

2005 nissan pathfinder lift kit

does anyone here know where i can find a lift kit for my 2005 nissan pathfinder? thanks
seanc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:01 PM   #5
khanketsuba
AF Newbie

Re: 2005 nissan pathfinder lift kit

Ha! That is a funny one!

I wish!

I just bought a 2005 Pathfinder LE and cannot find any lift stuff for the life of me!

let me know if you find anything!

Cammie

khanketsuba@yahoo.com
khanketsuba is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical