Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 06:44 PM   #31
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

hey guys sorry this is a little off topic but.. since we're kinda discussing this stuff.. what would you set your hp/lp at? i have my hp at 100hz and -12db slope (i think) and lp at 100hz and -12db slope.. i kinda.. know nothing about tuning.. so yea.. is that a good way to set it? can you guys help me out
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 08:15 PM   #32
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Re: New Setup

all depends on your setup

Right now I have my HP at 80hz/18dB and the LP is 80hz/12dB. I needed the mids to play as low as they could to keep the midbass going, but they can't play very low before they distort, hence the steep slope. They also have a pretty lacking midbass (in my opinion), which is why the LP is on a weaker slope so the sub can kind of help out in the lower midbass region. When I get the Kodas I plan on setting the HP at 63hz/12dB and the LP at 63hz/18dB and I'll see how that works out.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:39 PM   #33
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
100 Hz is kinda high when the subs are in the back, as I dicovered in my CRX. On the Accord, I set it to like 110 Hz ......... but my "subs" are 8" subs mounted in the bottom of the front doors. It would be more equivalent to midbass drivers in any other set up.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:09 PM   #34
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

ahh i c.. well im guna mess around with it.. i realize that at 200hz the sub makes a crapload of bass.. but at 50hz it seems to be more clear.. i might stick something under 80hz.. but one problem.. when i put my speakers at 80.. they start to flutter at high volumes.. which is pretty crappy.. i gotta turn the gain down now.. but then again im using a 87rms amp for 60 watt pioneer speakers -_-
Old 07-01-2004, 10:40 PM   #35
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Both kodas are finally in and running. Door panels are back on, no hitting, it's just great. These fuckers are sick, that's all there is to it. Just one of them butt rapes the pair of Focals in sub-100hz output, with the pair it's just ridiculous. They're also more efficient than the focals were, even though the Focals are rated at a 93dB sensitivity and the Kodas are rated at 88dB...I always thought something was fishy about Focal's efficiency ratings.

Right now I'm still trying to decide where to highpass them, both 50hz and 63hz sound amazing, I just don't know which I like better. I still have yet to hear these things stress, I throw everything at them and they just turn around and call me a pussy. I really love them, I still can't believe they were only $280.

The Linear Power should be here in about 2 weeks or so, I can't wait for that

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
Old 07-03-2004, 10:39 PM   #36
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
that linear power will put them thru their paces .... it has headroom power to spare
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 11:36 PM   #37
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

http://www.resnet.trinity.edu/areyno...o/kodas_01.jpg
http://www.resnet.trinity.edu/areyno...o/kodas_02.jpg
http://www.resnet.trinity.edu/areyno...o/kodas_03.jpg
http://www.resnet.trinity.edu/areyno...o/kodas_04.jpg
http://www.resnet.trinity.edu/areyno...o/kodas_05.jpg
http://www.resnet.trinity.edu/areyno...o/kodas_06.jpg
http://www.resnet.trinity.edu/areyno...o/kodas_07.jpg

I've been able to get some more listening time in (but not much since I was away for the weekend). I still have yet to hear them break up, stress, distort, or hit the door panels. Frankly I'm just afraid, I didn't know it was possible for a pair of 6.5s to have this much bass and I know the cones must be getting close to the door panels. Right now I have a 2dB boost at 100hz and they're highpassed at 50hz/12dB. They just sound amazing, the more I listen to them the more I love them. I just can't wait for the LP now, you're right it's going to have a LOT of headroom, just the way I like it

'05 Silver WRX STi
Old 07-06-2004, 11:38 AM   #38
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bumpinstang77

are you selling the focals? If so how much for the pair?
bumpinstang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 02:37 PM   #39
Haibane
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Haibane

Did you happen to get those off SI.net...
Old 07-06-2004, 07:00 PM   #40
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Get what off SIN? The kodas? I ordered them from acoustic visions when they were having their sale the last week of June

As for the Focals, no they won't be going up for sale. Those bastards are beaten to hell and back, you wouldn't want them.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Old 07-06-2004, 09:37 PM   #41
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

hey sr20.. jus a question off topic.. how was your ed12a? how does it compare to the 16kv2.. yea if u guessed.. im thinking of buying that sub.. do you think its worth buying for $100 pre-sale?

o yea did you get your ED sub from them online? or u bought it somewhere else.. thx
Old 07-06-2004, 09:42 PM   #42
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

I like the 12a, only reason I'm upgrading is because it doesn't have enough output for me when sealed, and the low-end overwhelms everything when ported. So instead I'm going for a 15 sealed.

I have no idea how it would compare to a 16kv2, there are only like 5 people on the face of this earth who have ever heard the kv2, so it's a little hard to make a comparison

I got my 12a straight from eD last summer off their website, there are no other places you can buy their products unless they're used.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Old 07-06-2004, 09:44 PM   #43
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: New Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20de4evr
I like the 12a, only reason I'm upgrading is because it doesn't have enough output for me when sealed, and the low-end overwhelms everything when ported. So instead I'm going for a 15 sealed.

I have no idea how it would compare to a 16kv2, there are only like 5 people on the face of this earth who have ever heard the kv2, so it's a little hard to make a comparison

I got my 12a straight from eD last summer off their website, there are no other places you can buy their products unless they're used.
but do you think its safe..??? i've never bought anything online before.. much less presale thx
Old 07-06-2004, 09:47 PM   #44
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

there's a first time for everything

It's definitely safer than ebay, if that's what you mean. Only "unsafe" thing I can think of is you don't know when you'll be receiving your sub, they have a tendency to be a little optimistic in their predicted shipping dates. You definitely won't just be screwed over though, hell even if you were you can just stop payment with the credit card (assuming you paid with a credit card) and get all your money back.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Old 07-06-2004, 09:49 PM   #45
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: New Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20de4evr
there's a first time for everything

It's definitely safer than ebay, if that's what you mean. Only "unsafe" thing I can think of is you don't know when you'll be receiving your sub, they have a tendency to be a little optimistic in their predicted shipping dates. You definitely won't just be screwed over though, hell even if you were you can just stop payment with the credit card (assuming you paid with a credit card) and get all your money back.
ooo i c maybe i'll try it out thx

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio