Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Impreza/9-2x/Outback Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 01:27 AM   #1
MajiX
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MajiX
Question Compare and contrast subaru models

Ok....so today I went to the Carr Subaru dealership here in Oregon and found myself looking at the 2004 2.5 TS, nice car...but here on the other side is the Outback sport, looks good...nice car also. I checked the site and there seems to be no difference between the 2 except looks and wheels (TS comes with steel, sport comes with alloys), yet there is a $2000 difference in MSRP. Can someone please clarify the differences and give me an opinion on which one I should buy? Also, any of you guys out there who own either one of these cars or the 2.5 RS sedan, tell me how much you guys pay for insurance? Thanks guys.
MajiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 06:22 PM   #2
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Don't let the hood scoop fool you, I drive a TS

The major difference between the TS and OBS would be a slightly lifted suspension on the OBS, and a little softer sprung. So it's handles a little worse, but a little more off road capable. It's 2 tone paint. I think the OBS comes with rear disc brakes, while the TS has rear drums. I'm not sure but I think the OBS also comes with a rear viscous limited slip, while the TS's rear differential is open.

If being off road or ice road cabable is more important to you, the OBS is probably a good bet. If it's more of a road car the TS could be what you need. Don't take me wrong, the TS will handle mud, rain and ice just fine too. I went out last time the roads were iced over and didn't see any other cars for the 2 hours I was playing around, on the main highways, but I was getting around no problem. I even slid off in a wet icy ditch while I was playing and pulled back out on the 1st try with no effort.

I pay about $170 a month for a 20 year old with full coverage.
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Impreza/9-2x/Outback Sport