Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 03:18 AM   #1
viperofoz
AF Regular

Aoshima has a Supercar secret to share... its a M.....

Check out Aoshima's latest announcement on their facebook page.... well its more of a teaser at this stage, rather than an announcement.

Mclaren F1 maybe?.... Or better still an F1 GTR ??

Or possibly a Mclaren P1?

looking forward to the actual announcement.

Heres what they had to say for those who don't use facebook

"Ever since we created Facebook page, we have been listening to the voice of our fans and modelers...we always reflect your opinions and requests to our products as much as we can...
Now, we are happy to let you know that we can finally bring you a great news of our new Super car model kit to be announced at Shizuoka Hobby Show starting from 16th May!!
The project of this Super car model kit was commenced as early as in July 2012, since then we have been working hard to recre...ate as much authenticity which 1/24 scale permits as possible, for example, by visiting "M" company for research on actual car.

Just one thing we would like our fans to know is : We plan, make, develop our products not for business competition, but for simple pleasure to see our fans and modelers enjoy our products and have a wonderful moment building them at their precious leisure time!!

We really can not wait for the moment that we can make the name of the car available to the general public at the show!!

Please just allow us a week, and we believe, and hope, the news will make not only our fans but also all the car modelers excited a lotSee more!!"

Regards, Dan
Old 05-09-2013, 03:38 AM   #2
petesy
AF Regular

Re: Aoshima has a Supercar secret to share... its a M.....

I guess that explains Fujimi's announcement of the F1 out of the blues?

Aoshima was originally not supposed to announce this mysterious kit until at least June, maybe Fujimi forced their hands this time.
petesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:32 AM   #3
jano11
AF Enthusiast

Great news, however I wish they would stop copying eachother and give us different supercar kits, there are enough of them that have never been available in plastic kit form.
jano11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jano11 For This Useful Post:
BVC500 (05-09-2013), firun (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #4
ZoomZoomMX-5
AF Fanatic

We shall see. Would be rather ironic for 2 companies to suddenly do the F1. Their message seems to say everything but that it's the F1. I know I was one of the ones that told them on their FB page to do the car, and their response to those of us asking for it was surprisingly positive.

That said, they all did GTR's, Aoshima/Tamiya did BRZ/86....it happens.

I have a preorder for the Fujimi....and if Aoshima announce, I'll get that too. I could easily build 3-4 of them, so I could spread the wealth.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
JeremyJon
AF Enthusiast

it's good to see them compete against one another, as it raises the level of quality expected in my opinion

i'm just happy we're finally getting a McLaren F1 in 1:24 plastic!
JeremyJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
sky1911
AF Newbie

Well in case they do the big Mac, too. Yes it would raise the competition and probably also quality standards. But look at it this way. By then 3 companies are going to do the same car - all wanting you to buy theirs. Most customers who like the car won't pick up all three - so in an ideal world the sales to potential Macca lovers would be split equally into 3 (assuming they are the same quality standard) - none of them making enough to make much (if any) of a profit. If one of the kits is considerably worse than the others, that manufacturer won't make anything out of it (unless the other two are way more expensive).
So in a way competition can be good for us, but it can also work against us. It's the same with movies, suddenly there's 2 Robin Hood movies - both are ok, but one has the bigger names in it...Guess, which one tanks...
sky1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
lezdep
AF Regular

I think Fujimi is the one guilty here. Last time they spooked Aoshima with a announcement of FW14B and Aoshima decided not to enter 1/20 market,
which was a big loss for us, model builders. I think after successful competition against Fujimi with better Aventador model kit, Aoshima has more
confidence now to go head to head with Fujimi. I personally hope the announcement will be for rumored earlier McLaren F1 long tail car. This way
they will not have to compete with Fujimi with the same kit and we will have better coverage of F1 lineup. If it is a short tail F1 road car, I will
likely wait for Aoshima version, because I expect it to have better detail and accuracy level compared to Fujimi's offering.

Actually long tail version was closely based on original short tail car, mostly body panel changes. I think one of 2 companies could even change kit
design quickly and release different version of the car. Most of the design work would be valid and could be re-used. Same goes for F1-GTR cars. They
were quite close to production cars as well, with relatively small set of modifications. Let's hope Fujimi and Aoshima will figure a way to coexist
peacefully on the marker and release more great kits for us.
lezdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #8
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

listening to fans eh?
does that mean we need more talk about Lotus cars?

Elise, Exige, Europa, Evora.

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drunken monkey For This Useful Post:
blubaja (05-09-2013), firun (05-09-2013), willimo (05-13-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #9
leafs004
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jano11 View Post
Great news, however I wish they would stop copying eachother and give us different supercar kits, there are enough of them that have never been available in plastic kit form.
Two thoughts about the copying. First, the companies don't share what they're developing, so they may both be working on the car, then suddenly one makes an announcement and unless the second company wants to shelve the model and development cost, they go ahead and also release their model. We saw this with both the Lotus 79 and Nissan GT-R.

Second, when I wondered why it seems every model company has a B-17 kit. Wouldn't resources be better utilized with more selection? Then I was reminded that Revell makes $0 on every B-17 kit that the competition makes.
leafs004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #10
nugundam93
Blarg! Wort Wort Wort!

i do hope it's the mclaren f1. more choices for us, hopefully it gets the details right
Old 05-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #11
BVC500
AF Enthusiast

Like I said in the Fujimi F1 post, let's hope for these door with integrated mirrors, or at least an aftermarket company producing a set. This car belongs to Ralph Lauren, and the story goes that he sent the car back to McLaren to have them fabricate these doors with integrated mirrors, since the car he had bought had fender-mounted mirrors. A small detail to be worried about in the grand scheme of things, but looks so much better.

On another but related note...remember how we wished for, and how long it took, for a company to produce the Ferrari 550/575?

BVC500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #12
MidMazar
AF Fanatic

Great news but do agree with others why make the same model another company is making. And they are making it for fans that will pay. The good news is going to be that we will have the choice of chosing between two. This is another reason why they shouldn't make a car that another company makes, because one of them will have a inferior product and lose money. For instance the Aventador, many get the aoshima as its slightly better quality than fujimi.

But big thumbs up to both fujimi and aoshima because i for one can't afford the MFH kits but can afford a few of these!!!!!!!

Thanks for the post.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:23 AM   #13
lovegt40
ItaloSvensk

it's a M....M.... MATIZ !

website www.alsoldatino.com
my YT channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIp..._as=subscriber
FB: https://www.facebook.com/alsoldatino
lovegt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lovegt40 For This Useful Post:
eyckles (05-10-2013)
Old 05-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #14
stratos75
Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperofoz View Post
...since then we have been working hard to recre...ate as much authenticity which 1/24 scale permits as possible, for example, by visiting "M" company for research on actual car.

Regards, Dan
This fact tells us that this car hasn't a CAD model. There is need at first to scan the actual car if it's an old one. Very possibly this is the McLaren F1, because its body and interior was made by hand. Will see. Only 6 days left.

I'm not preodered the Fujimi's McLaren yet. I will wait.
johanthemodeler (05-10-2013)
Old 05-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #15
Some_Kid
AF Enthusiast

I think it's fantastic that we now have two different choices for the same coveted car we've been waiting a long time for in 1/24. I hope they will release Land Rover Discovery soon!.
Some_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling