Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX > Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Technical Discuss Engine, Suspension, Drivetrain, and all other technical issues here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
Dope Minded
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Dope Minded Send a message via Yahoo to Dope Minded
Question 240sx s14 CARB Legal Cold Air Intake?

I've been looking around for a CARB exempt cold air intake for a ka24de s14 240sx and I haven't found one. Could someone let me know if one exists and what the make is? I don't think the cheap ones on ebay that say they're CARB certified are. Thank you!
Dope Minded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:02 AM   #2
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Re: 240sx s14 CARB Legal Cold Air Intake?

lol @ cali. you need a sticker for a stupid 0 hp intake. i took all my emissions off my rx7 because i feel like it.

oh i suppose ill be helpful.

hint: dont buy a cold air intake. just use a k&n drop in filter in the stock airbox. the stock airbox already takes in cold air and is not a significant restriction.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
93-240SX-COUPE
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to 93-240SX-COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways... View Post
lol @ cali.

hint: dont buy a cold air intake. just use a k&n drop in filter in the stock airbox. the stock airbox already takes in cold air and is not a significant restriction.
true. but if u did still want a CAI, the Injen Short Ram is CARB exempt and then u can just get the CAI extension. I doubt it would jeopardize the carb exemption or that the cops would actualy know that the extension voided the CARB exemption of the Short Ram.

A while back, that was my plan to build a CARB legal car, since I live in Cali, that was fun. Then I figured I would end up putting in the same price for a CAI, Header, & Exhaust that were carb legal as a decent turbo kit w/ twice as much HP gain. (No exhaust is CARB legal btw.)
Old 01-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
AF Newbie

i have one that i don't want... or either ima cut it in half and go short ram... and yes it's carb legal.
24096 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
240sx , air , cai , cold , intake
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX > Technical