Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Sable
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
car70
AF Newbie

Question sable needs help.

hi, i have a 99 mercury sable 120k 3.0 [not dohc]. it has a few problems major and a few problems that are just an annoying pain in the@#$%^&*. after about a 20 minute ride atleast it would not restart after shutoff. it would sputter and repeat starts are less sputter eventualy none ,just turning over.then i would have to wait about 30 minutes to hour. then it would start hesitant, but gradually work up to an even idle(10-20 seconds). this was a random thing not happening all the time. i ran it recently about 10 minute drive and came back ,shut off, several hours later it doesn't start, no sputter like it might catch, just battery turning over motor. that is my major issue.

other issues are rack needs to be replaced. can do but if it is anything like other parts on this car i had to replace, i am not sure i care to even attempt. (this car if you know it, is not the best candidate for a consumer repair). some electrical problems (door locks some work some don't and then sometimes the locks work,heater fan only works on high, when heat is on it blows warm/hot with cold in it also). seems like it isn't going to the one vent it is selected to and barely blows in my opinion.

here is whats new, or recent replacement....headgasket,thermostat,tierods inner and outer(both sides),plugs,wires all withing year(done myself), waterpump 2 years old replaced before i got car. tires fairly new.

i'm not sure if i want to sink money into this anymore . its not a car that i got cause i wanted it, its a car i got for getting from a to b and was good on gas(saving me money).
car70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
DistanceGuy1
AF Regular

Re: sable needs help.

With regard to the sputtering issue, I would have the Coil Pack checked.
DistanceGuy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #3
car70
AF Newbie

thanks for reply about coil pack.
car70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:44 AM   #4
DistanceGuy1
AF Regular

No problem. If you get a chance to report back on whether or not changing out the coil pack solved the problem, can you let us know?
DistanceGuy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Sable