Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Expedition
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 10:41 PM   #16
ericgree4847
AF Newbie

I have contacted 3 attorneys and none are interested because nobody got hurt. My insurance co will go after Ford. Did anyone else's insurance co do a cause and origin investigation? I know of one other co-worker who has 2000 Expedition with same symptoms, cruise does not work and rear wiper also broken. Did anyone else have these symptoms. How else can we find out about other cases.
ericgree4847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:13 AM   #17
ExPo_99
AF Newbie

Unhappy Whoa

Thats definately not a good thing. I own a 99 expedition eddie bauer and the rear wiper doesnt work anymore. I guess i should keep an eye and my nose on things in my car just in case i see smoke or smell anything burning. Good thing i found this. Keep me informed on this if possible and ill keep checking back also to know whats going on. I hope ford has some kind of balls and admits they screwed up if that is the case, which sure damn sounds like it.
ExPo_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:29 PM   #18
bleger
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 expedition catches fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovacco
Looking For Owners Whose 2000 Ford Expedition Have Caught Fire. Due To An Electrical Fire. Need Dates And Proof (investigation Report From Insurance Company Would Be Great) Please Help Me. Ford Is Not Cooperating At All. Need Asap. Want To Go After Ford. Had Recall Done For Wiper Motor And Still Lost The Vehical Due To Fire. Complete Loss.
Has This Happened To You.
PLEASE SEND ME A PRIVATE EMAIL WITH YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION. I WOULD LOVE TO DISCUSS THIS WITH YOU.

Last edited by bleger; 11-02-2004 at 02:24 PM.
bleger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:30 PM   #19
bleger
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgree4847
I have contacted 3 attorneys and none are interested because nobody got hurt. My insurance co will go after Ford. Did anyone else's insurance co do a cause and origin investigation? I know of one other co-worker who has 2000 Expedition with same symptoms, cruise does not work and rear wiper also broken. Did anyone else have these symptoms. How else can we find out about other cases.
PLEASE SEND ME YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION. WOULD LOVE TO DISCUSS.

Last edited by bleger; 11-02-2004 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:01 PM   #20
tmcroberts
AF Newbie

yet another fire!!

Today is the 24th and my 00 expedition was in my garage at 3:00am when my husband awoke and saw flames coming from the hood of my truck. The truck had been sitting still for over 13 hours. We immediately called 911. After it was all over I had a shell of a truck and over 80,000 in damages to my brand new home. We have three children and thank God they were at there father's house when this happened. I work for a Saturn dealership and I am going to exhaust every resource that I have until someone does something. I can't believe that a corp. as large as Ford, can sit back and not claim fault for these incidents. I assue you that the Saturn Corporation would stand behind each and everyone of their products. I will never again own another Ford.
tmcroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 11:06 AM   #21
bleger
AF Newbie

Re: yet another fire!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcroberts
Today is the 24th and my 00 expedition was in my garage at 3:00am when my husband awoke and saw flames coming from the hood of my truck. The truck had been sitting still for over 13 hours. We immediately called 911. After it was all over I had a shell of a truck and over 80,000 in damages to my brand new home. We have three children and thank God they were at there father's house when this happened. I work for a Saturn dealership and I am going to exhaust every resource that I have until someone does something. I can't believe that a corp. as large as Ford, can sit back and not claim fault for these incidents. I assue you that the Saturn Corporation would stand behind each and everyone of their products. I will never again own another Ford.
Send me a private email. I would love to discuss this with you.

Last edited by bleger; 11-02-2004 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:28 PM   #22
bwjohnson
AF Newbie

Angry 2000 Ford Expedition Fire

This is freakin' me out. Our 2000 Ford Expedition just caught fire today and burned to the ground. I continue to thank God my wife and children were not in it and it was not parked in our garage. I feel terrible to think of those people that lost their homes to these fires. Our insurance adjuster told us this is a known problem with Expeditions! So, we searched the web and found this site. Sounds like Ford is in denial and the attorneys want a corpse before they will go after Ford. What's worse is we also own a 1998 F-150 with the same 5.4L engine. Guess it'll get parked away from the house until I can sell it. If anyone needs help taking Ford on, we're in. bwjohnson@houston.rr.com
bwjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 07:20 PM   #23
muscletr
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovacco
Looking For Owners Whose 2000 Ford Expedition Have Caught Fire. Due To An Electrical Fire. Need Dates And Proof (investigation Report From Insurance Company Would Be Great) Please Help Me. Ford Is Not Cooperating At All. Need Asap. Want To Go After Ford. Had Recall Done For Wiper Motor And Still Lost The Vehical Due To Fire. Complete Loss.
Has This Happened To You.
This is amazing. My Expedition also caught fire this past Tuesday and my rear wiper and cruise control also stopped working 2 mos prior. Any legal action that one might have success with please feel free to share.
muscletr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 04:00 AM   #24
12Ounce
AF Fanatic

I do not own an Expedition but was looking in this forum for general info...thinking about trading my '99 Windstar. The Windstar had a recall which had something to do with wiper motors starting fires....Does anyone know if this is the same concern on the Expedition fires?

Has anyone discovered the actual fire starter?
12Ounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:58 AM   #25
bwjohnson
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 2000 expedition catches fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Ounce
I do not own an Expedition but was looking in this forum for general info...thinking about trading my '99 Windstar. The Windstar had a recall which had something to do with wiper motors starting fires....Does anyone know if this is the same concern on the Expedition fires?

Has anyone discovered the actual fire starter?
I've heard it's a switch on the master brake cylinder on Expedition fires. The Windstar was supposed to be the ignition switch.
bwjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:48 PM   #26
jrogalski
AF Newbie

KHOU-TV interested

Hello,
I'm an investigative reporter for the CBS affiliate in Houston, TX, researching Expedition fires, and would like to know more about your case.
Can you please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Rogalski
Investigative Reporter
KHOU-TV
1945 Allen Parkway
Houston, TX 77019
713-284-8774 (office)
832-878-3591 (mobile)
713-284-1089 (fax)
e-mail: jrogalski@khou.com

QUOTE=Curt Horton]On July 23, 2004, our 2000 Ford Expedition caught fire in our garage burning our home down. We had taken it in for the wiper blade recall, but had recently had our rear wiper and cruise control to go out. We were in our garage 1 hour before the fire with nothing happening at that time. My son woke up to flames outside his window (he was asleep in the room above the garage) and smoke coming through the floor. We ran out with the smoke alarms going off as we ran out. Our son's room fell into the fire 10 minutes after we got out of the house. The insurance adjuster says there is not enough of the Expedition left to show proof it started the fire, however the hood was actually melted and the evidence showed the fire started in the area of the Expedition.
The State Fire Marshall Investigator said he had no doubt that the Ford started the fire, as well as all Fire Chiefs and Fire Fighters that were called to the scene (5 units in all). Evidently the insurance company can pay the claim for less than fighting Ford even though our losses were tremendous, we had a 6000 square foot home with a lot of loss including another vehicle in the garage. Our son nearly lost his life, what's it going to take for Ford to take responsibility for this - actual loss of life? We will spend the next year of our life rebuilding and replacing 27 years accumulation of our things. However we can't replace our memories and cherished mementos. We'll never own another Ford and are warning everyone about them. By the way, 2 weeks ago a 1999 Expedition burned in the garage of another home in Pleasant View, Mo. Let's go after them![/quote]
jrogalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:39 AM   #27
mom30075
AF Newbie

Re: KHOU-TV interested

Does anyone know if the same fire issues are showing up on 99/2000 Excursions?
mom30075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:00 PM   #28
bby3
AF Newbie

Report Fires to NHTSA

If you have a fire in your vehicle you should consider reporting it to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The NHTSA is the federal agency responsible for investigating safety related defects in automibiles and works to get those defective vehicles recalled. By contacting the NHTSA you may alert them to a safety defect that should be investigated. The web site is:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/
bby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:34 PM   #29
bby3
AF Newbie

Please contact Bruce York at NHTSA about this fire. byork@nhtsa.dot.gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcountrysc
I just had my 2000 Expedition catch fire on Saturday. Fire started in the engine compartment on the driver's side. Fortunately, my wife and I were outside doing yard work and noticed burning pieces of plastic falling to the driveway. By the time the fire department got here the entire front end was in flames and melted part of the vinyl siding over my garage. Claims adjuster is coming this morning but the fire marshall said that they would have to list cause of fire as undetermined.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:19 AM   #30
bby3
AF Newbie

Re: yet another fire!!

Please Contact me at the NHTSA.

Bruce York
byork@nhtsa.dot.gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcroberts